Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by myglaren »

I dropped in to the local dealer to get some literature on the C6 to seduce a mate away from BMWs and Mercedes, his wife needs good suspension due to health problems.

The salesman said to get him to go in that day as they had one there.
When I said it was likely to be there for months he said it was sold and going out that evening and they sell one every couple of months.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Unread post by Trainman »

myglaren wrote:I dropped in to the local dealer to get some literature on the C6 to seduce a mate away from BMWs and Mercedes, his wife needs good suspension due to health problems.
I think I have some stuff I can let have if you still want it, I can certainly ask my local chaps as I'll be there on Sunday having a shuftie at the DS4
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroening

Unread post by Citroening »

Trainman wrote:Chris, I think you and your dad are just trying to get a bigger fleet than Patrick and Franklin :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Franklin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Trainman wrote:
myglaren wrote:I dropped in to the local dealer to get some literature on the C6 to seduce a mate away from BMWs and Mercedes, his wife needs good suspension due to health problems.
I think I have some stuff I can let have if you still want it, I can certainly ask my local chaps as I'll be there on Sunday having a shuftie at the DS4
Thanks Steve but I did obtain the brochure and business cards which have been duly passed on to him.

I think he will get a huge surprise if he does test drive a C6.
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

I doubt we will ever reach the scale of Franklin and his dads collection :lol:
Trouble with is us our collection become keepers and so it grows, this makes careful selection a must. Saying that maybe if i bought rubbish examples I wouldn't want to keep them :lol:

Jim, thats a bit steep for a V6 Activas insurance, I wouldn't have thought it would have risen so much, however I guess its seen as a large performance mod given that an Activa V6 doesn't exist here.

That would have been good Steve, though I have driven Keiths a few times and do very much like it. Id quite like to try a 2.2HDi manual.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad

I took the C1 for its first service today, its done 4500 miles and is a year old next month - when Ill be away so I got it done now.

Being its first I thought I would take it to Citroen so it has the first dealer stamp in its service book, just a basic oil and filter change this one. Have a guess how much Citroen ripped me off for the oil and filter service plus a brief rinse with a hosepipe, it wasnt even dried and still filthy ...

No, your way off .......... £175!

So I got it home, washed it properly and have just finished polishing it, its like a new pin again. So as someone said to me the other day, it looks like a tictac! :lol: Well it is white and rounded I suppose.

I carried out a service on a 51 plate 1.2 Clio today at considerably less expense to its owner than I was had for, that was the first and last time our C1 sees a dealer for a service :twisted: The Clio was a nice car to drive actually, just a 1.2 60 Authentique but it was refined, comfortable and fairly nippy for a 60. I also cleaned it, fitted new Renault wheel trims did the service and tidied up the battle scars a little.

The C1 is still proving to be a joy to own, we all use it for about town and some longer runs too, its a lot of fun to drive and the engine sounds great when revved hard. Citroen had one the same spec as ours, a 5 door with air con, EW and CL in white for £8500, £1K more than we got ours for last year, they have gone up!

Tomorrow I shall be cleaning my C5 ready for the trip to France next Thursday, im going for 18 days, lots of sight seeing, visiting friends etc. Usually I do about 3000 miles in the time away, so im looking forward to that in my latest C5. Its serviced and ready to go.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

£175 :shock: That's daylight robbery Chris...

Looks like they or you cleaned the front numberplate a bit over-enthusiastically though...

Still, the old speed cameras will have a job on trying to read it :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Where did you take it Chris? Not TCC I hope as they usually come over as being better than that although I have a friend at work who is very unimpressed with them.
Citroenmad

Indeed it was day light robbery, never again! I wonder what they charge for a car with an undertray and a oil filter in a awkward place ....

I took it to Evans Halshaw in Stockton, the place we bought it from. Customer service is less than great too. Really I should have taken it to TOC as they have a much better reputation.

Next time, im doing it myself. :D

Just got the road tax for it through, £20 for the year :D
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening

Unread post by Citroening »

Citroenmad wrote:Just got the road tax for it through, £20 for the year :D
It is great isn't it! Our C3 is the same, and it costs barely nothing to run. We get about 65 MPG and that's not driving economically. :D :roll:
Franklin
XantiaMan

Unread post by XantiaMan »

CitroJim wrote:
bxzx16v wrote:Just out of interest what's the cost for a V6 Activa insurance
I was quoted circa £600 Mark, which on the face of it is not bad at all but when you consider that's what i currently pay for all three of mine it makes it a bit hard to afford just now.
That is a bit rich, i pay £540 fully comp on the Mondeo, all mods declared, and im a little bit younger than your goodself..
2020 Peugeot Partner
2017 Fiesta ST
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Citroenmad

Citroening wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Just got the road tax for it through, £20 for the year :D
It is great isn't it! Our C3 is the same, and it costs barely nothing to run. We get about 65 MPG and that's not driving economically. :D :roll:
It is, very appealing!

Our C1 gets a good lot of trashing :lol: its nippy and fun to rev it. We all use it, mostly around town where it does around 50MPG and 60MPG out on a run, which is pretty impressive given how its driven :twisted:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad

Im off to France tomorrow, for about 18 days, so I might be a little quiet on here :lol: Well I might well take a laptop but whether I get the WiFi to work or not is another thing. :roll:

My C5 is as shiny as a new pin, freshly serviced, fully checked over and about to be loaded with about a ton of holidaying essentials. Its around 850 miles to our destination, so this will be a good little treck out for me and my C5.

You can expect car related pictures on my return :D
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave

Unread post by davetherave »

Have a good time Chris, this year is the first in five that i wont be going :(
Looking forward to the pics.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by red_dwarfers »

Have a good one Chris :D

France is somewhere I'd like to go one day but for the time being, as much as I like complaining about the UK, we've got some pretty damn good countryside.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair