C5 window won't stay up!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

C5 window won't stay up!

Post by dnsey »

I recently purchased an 01 C5, and so far it seems in very good order. As always, however, there are some minor niggles - one of which concerns the NSF window. As soon as it reaches the fully closed position, it reverses and opens half way. It is possible to carefully 'inch' it up to the top, but it takes several tries to get it just right!
I am aware of the anti-nip reset procedure, but this doesn't correct the fault.
Could the mechanism need lubricating - perhaps the resistance is enough for the computer to activate anti-nip every time?
I gather that this problem isn't unknown with C5s, but has anyone found a solution?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

It sounds as if the window has forgotten its stop places, maybe?

Usually this is fixed by holding the window button down until the window goes right down, then keep it held for a few seconds. Then pull it up and do the same, hold it for a few seconds with the window closed.

It might be worth a try, thats usually how they are reprogramed, worth a try! :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the anti pinch reset aint working & the window is moving freely & no obstrutions in the guides then it looks like a new motor & they aint cheap.
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

Not an uncommon problem.

Following the window reset procedure in the hand book usually corrects it.

I came across it when my battery started to drop volts under load (5yrs old) and this often caused the windows to go down and then have lost their settings and not want to stay closed. Bit embarasing when the high batt load was caused by lights and wipers in a rain storm !!!

Fitting new batt and window reset cured it.

John