Power windows malfunctioning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

f00lzz
My Cars:

Power windows malfunctioning

Post by f00lzz »

Hi All.

I need someone with electrical knowledge to give me a shove in the right direction..
Xantia V6 Exclusive is the beast in question.
Power windows will only operate with the drivers door open! This even affects the rear windows, even though they are controlled by switches on the centre console.
I thought perhaps a broken wire where the wires bunch together at the door hinge... no sign... but so many wires!!
Any pointers e.g wire colour, possible fault, location would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Ian
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You may not necessarily see that the wire is broken. I had a similar problem on one of my rear windows which was a fractured wire, but as the outer plastic sheath was still intact it was impossible to tell just by looking.

I found the offending cable by use of a meter then just bridged it using a new length of wire and a couple of scotchlock type connectors. I was broken somewhere in the door hinge area where it flexes as the door is opened.

As for the drivers door affecting all windows, I suppose this is possible if the windows are wired in a ring type circuit, but you's need to have a look at the wiring diagram.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm