Xantia Brake Doseur Valve Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueboy2001

Xantia Brake Doseur Valve Replacement

Post by blueboy2001 »

The saga continues - having been planning the job for a week, today we decided to undertake the said task. Got so far when the lad doing it for me shouts "wheres the new seals" to which I reply "what seals!"
Having re-read the procedure in Haynes, apparently I need new seals for the unions and 2 hose clips for the fluid hoses. Looking in the shop the seals come in 3 sizes 3.5mm, 4.5mm and 6.35mm. Which size do I need for this job? Also, do AS do the hose clips, or can you use jubilee clips on the fluid hoses, or do I need to visit a dealer?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The size of the seal relates to the size of the pipe it goes on to, there may be more than one size needed but not sure, if you have a vernier or a micrometer then offer it to the pipe and measure it, if not you will have to guess at it, in any event a selection of them wont break the bank.
Don't know about the pipe clips, these I assume will be the low pressure returns so jubilee's providing they're small enough should be ok.
Please post back with whats actually needed, and what your lad does to gain any better access to the valve.
Dave
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

I think that all pipes around brake valve are 3.5 mm, but not quite sure, so you'll have to check. Anyway, they are certanly not 6.5 mm - those are used for power steering (and from pump to flow-distributor and regulator, if the pump is not 6+2).
It's worth changing them, they are very cheap, although the old ones will probably still be fine (as in my BX).
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Blueboy
I agree etirely with the previous 2 posts. I would say however take care that the pipes go straight into the valve and are not forced to one side. I've had a couple of leaks which have been caused by stresses pipes causing the seal to distort and eventually leak. No problems on re-aligning everything. (usually just bending the pipe a little)
Jeremy