2.2 hdi very limp mode,barely 20mph and antipolution fault.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reef2k

2.2 hdi very limp mode,barely 20mph and antipolution fault.

Post by reef2k »

hi guys, bought my 2.2 hdi C5 as a non-runner. had the injectors reconed and now starts and idles fine, but when i drive it,it sometimes will only just about crawl along and then it may suddenly pick up and is drivable,but underpowered, then will run out of puff and its back into crawl mode. the antipolution fault also appears. are these two problems related and what should i do. i know there is alot of info on here, almost too much for my sore brain, so some help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks. ...oh ! and where abouts is the antipol fluid top-up reservoir ? Nick
C4 GRAND PICASSO 1.6 HDI VTR+
C5 SX 2.2hdi estate
xantia vsx td estate
BX 1.4 petrol
broyty
My Cars:

Post by broyty »

Hi Nick
when you got the car you say it was a non runner was it dead or would it run at all
without seeing the fault codes in the ecu it is nigh on impossible to diagnose the problem as there are any things it can be
it is possible these two things are linked
the fluid tank is under the car on the passenger side just in front of the rear wheel
1/get the codes read
2/ what year is your car and rp no
3/ how many miles has it done

there are many people on here that will help you diagnose this problem

cheers

Mick
1995 cit xm 2.0l turbo exclusive hatch auto
1998 cit xantia 1.9 td exclusive estate auto
1966 lincoln continental 2 door 462 ci
1969 chevy impala 4 door ht sport 350 ci
reef2k

Post by reef2k »

hi mick, its a 2002 2.2hdi with 165k on the clock. when i got it, it would only start with a tow or a squirt of easystart, but was'nt really driveable, no power. it was diagnosed as injectors so had them reconed and starts fine now, but suffers the problems mentioned earlier.
ive read on here tonight that it could be turbo/wastegate sensors, but id best get it to a workshop that knows its stuff,as the one that replaced the injectors dont really want to know. i found the fluid reservoir but not sure how to check the level ..will investigate over the weekend,
thanks Nick
C5 SX 2.2hdi estate
xantia vsx td estate
BX 1.4 petrol
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were abouts are you Nick, no i dont mean under a C5,
your car realy needs pluging into a LEXIA to read all the faults properly,

if you are near east sussex i am after GUINEA PIGS at a reasonable rate to hitch up to DIS LEXIS i have

regards malcolm
reef2k

Post by reef2k »

hi malcolm, many thanks for your offer,but im on the essex coast. ive posted an update on the problem which may help. thanks again,wish we were nearer, regards Nick
C5 SX 2.2hdi estate
xantia vsx td estate
BX 1.4 petrol
broyty
My Cars:

Post by broyty »

Hi Nick
where in essex are you we are appeox 15 miles west of colchester if you can get it to us we can plug your car in pm me with your details and i will get back to you

cheers
Mick
1995 cit xm 2.0l turbo exclusive hatch auto
1998 cit xantia 1.9 td exclusive estate auto
1966 lincoln continental 2 door 462 ci
1969 chevy impala 4 door ht sport 350 ci