...406 In Disguise...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

...406 In Disguise...

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The above 406 can transform into this below! :wink:

Found while surfing the net.

What's all this about?

Is it for real?

I'll be damned if most of your friends won't drool all over you when they see you in this stunning Ferrari 360 Modena Replica, made by Extreme Cars. Judging by the photos, these guys seem to have done quite an impressive job in turning a humble Peugeot 406 Coupe into a jaw dropping Ferrari.

According to Extreme Cars, the replica kit, which consists of numerous exterior panels (doors, mirrors, roof, lights, bumpers etc) and an interior package (centre console, seats etc) costs about 17.000 Euros or 22.000 USD. Extreme Cars says that an average kit takes approximately 100 hours to assemble. If you want Extreme Cars to do the job for you, then the you'll have to take out another 17.000 Euros or 22.000 USD from your bank account. Add to that of course the cost of buying a Peugeot 406 Coupe.

Think that even if this is just a Replica, its a shame that this car's engine is in the front powering the front wheels? Well, if your into more "extreme" sports, Extreme Cars announced that it is programming a limited run edition which will get two 3.0 V6 engines - one in the front and one in the rear, available for about 45.000 USD or 35.000 Euros. Although -unfortunately, the beautiful pin-up girls on the pictures won't be available even as an extra, they'll sure as hell want to take a ride with you... via: Autoblog.it
On the RAC site that index number P8 ELK is a Lotus Elise

On the M.I.D. it's the the same, and therefore insured as a Lotus, so maybe its had a plate transfer to one.

Does anyone know about this, or have you seen one?

A 3.0V6 in the front, and one in the rear, with I assume 4 wheel drive!
:wink: 8)

Now that will go like you know what! 8) :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Citrojim as I saw this post in the Activa section, in the Activa prototype thread.
CitroJim wrote:I've never really forgiven PSA for not proceeding with the Xantia Coupe concept and instead making it a 406.

Just imagine a Xantia Activa V6 Coupe... :D

The picture of the concept looked really fabulous....

Despite that, I actually think the 406 Coupe is one very stunning looker and very desirable, the best-looking Peugeot ever but still, if only it had fulll Activa suspension and Chevrons on the grille :(
I also wonder what you think of this.
ACTIVA

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Most of the Ferrari conversions I've seen use Toyota MR2s.

Those faux-rarris might fool some 15 year old schoolgirls, but you're gonna be embarrased when some kid in a Nova GSi leaves you for dead at the lights

http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/home_360.htm
ImageImage
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Yep pretty impressive kits and as you say they are usually based on an MR2, i had the chance to buy one for 9k a couple of years ago but that had a 3.5 Rover v8 in it to which the previous owner/builder had added a pair of turbo's :twisted:.
its a bit sad though, having a fake 355 :roll:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, that is the same web site I had also been looking at, but as there are several dead links on it, so I wondered if these Faux-rarris were real, or web B.S.

Granted what you say about the performance, and Vauxhall Novas Ross_K, but there have been kit cars on slower base vehicles I.E VW Beetle etc, the Nova kit car shown below was one of those based on the Dub.

Here's another taken to a greater extreme!

It appears that the white one is meant to be open at the back.

So, with the engine on show like that, and Volkswagen written in the rear lenses it does not help itself to look different, or complete its "image," :wink: but if the engine were hidden you would still make out the flat four, which is not in the 3.0 V6 league.
Look at the large opening, and engine on show like a buggy. :roll: :lol:

Looks more like it's buggered!
Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 27 Mar 2009, 19:12, edited 3 times in total.
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Deanxm wrote:Yep pretty impressive kits and as you say they are usually based on an MR2, i had the chance to buy one for 9k a couple of years ago but that had a 3.5 Rover v8 in it to which the previous owner/builder had added a pair of turbo's :twisted:.
its a bit sad though, having a fake 355 :roll:

D
I agree the real thing is better!
ACTIVA

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'd rather an R1173, than either of the above. :wink: Unless I could sell the Fezza immediately upon taking possession.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

ACTIVE8 wrote: Image
I've just had to hang my keyboard up to dry from all the drooling...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I dont know about that Gt40 lookalike, the base vehicle was too narrow so to me it just looks like its been involved in a nasty side on impact.
Surely the way to go is the real thing, accident damaged and repair that? obviously not with the GT40 though.
If rumours are true at the local HGV garage their MD went to auction and bought a Lambo Murchialargo (dont know how to spell that) with a dead box and a few other little probs he got it from the auction of a bankrupt estate for 20k, he fixed the gearbox himself and now you can hear him going to work every morning from 3 miles away :D better than going mad with the plastic and ruining a nice Peugeot surely?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote: I also wonder what you think of this.
Much as I like the look of Ferrari (and who doesn't!), I do actually prefer the 406 Coupe for looks.. They are achingly beautiful and typical of the very best of Pininfarina.

Pininfarina have done some stunningly good cars over the years starting out with the BMC Farinas . They have done some good work for PSA, notably the Pug 205 and 405.

Just how good the 406 Coupe looks was brought home to me when John (jgra1) visited me today in his 406 V6. His is in metallic blue, a colour that suits the car perfectly.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

I agree Jim, the 406 coupe is beautiful and can stand up to anything in the style stakes. I'm a bit old fashioned, the interior of that red ferrari is too blingy for my taste.

Derek
1999 XM V6 Exclusive, Black
1994 XM 2.0 TurboCT estate, green of course: now gone to no3 son
2004 C3 1.6 auto exclusive with Sensodrive - the wife's but she doesn't like it
1994 ZX 1.8i auto - the wife's new baby

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The other day I went into the local supermarket, and while driving in to locate a space I saw a 406 coupe, 8) and it stood out from the other cars there, and its classic beautiful lines were a lovely sight, in a sea of blandness.
ACTIVA