Xantia equipment mark

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

akojic
My Cars:

Xantia equipment mark

Post by akojic »

How can I find out equipment level mark of my Xantia 1.8i from 1993? It doesn't have air condition and ABS. Also there isn't any airbag. There are fog lights by default, side mirrors plastic frames are black, etc. Is it LX, SX, or something else?
It has hydropneumatic suspension with 5 spheres (one at each corner and accumulator sphere.) There is no possibility for changing suspension mode (normal + sport.)
Also, interested in type of hydraulic pump, is it 6+2 or something else. Pump on my Xantia is pretty noisy (bearings?) when engaged by system (when idle every 17 - 18 seconds). When starting car after work this winter (at least 8 hours of idleness), pump had been working 1 - 2,5 minutes in order to level car on normal position. We were "fighting" with teperatures between -10 to -20 during January and February in Croatia this winter.
Experience forum members and others thanks in advance for reply!
Green tooth
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The model designation is likely to change from country to country, but in the UK the LX has electric front windows, electric mirrors (later on) and was offered with either a sun roof or aircon, ABS was optional.
The SX has electric windows front and rear, ABS and front fogs as standard, I think the choice of aircon or sunroof was as the LX, either one or the other but not sure, there were other nice touches like variable intermitent wipe IIRC.
The VSX had all this including both sunroof and aircon plus hydractive suspension, and possibly the self indexing passenger door mirror when reverse was selected.
But even over here the equipment level differed occasionaly, for instance, later LX's were given front fogs.
With 5 spheres there is no anti sink and no 6+2 pump, which means you have the standard BX type setup with a flow divider valve.
Some pumps can sound a bit noisey when on load, it doesn't automaticaly mean that failure is imminent.
Have you got fresh LHM in the tank, it might not have good low temperature properties if its old.
Dave
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Hi,
You might like to have a look at www.parkers.co.uk
This site gives new/used prices but there is also a reviews section there which gives model history, performance figures and equipment specs for all variants.
These will be for UK cars though so yours might be different.
Simon.
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Dave thanks for reply! My Xantia is originaly from Italy; I imported it in November 2000. It seems to me that equipment is closer to LX (it has electric front windows, electric mirrors & sun roof, front fogs.) I'm not sure I understand you saying: "nice touches like variable intermitent wipe IIRC." My English is not superb!
In case that I need to replace hid. pump, is it possible to replace it with better pump 6+2?
Thanks
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

The model designation is likely to change from country to country, but in the UK the LX has electric front windows, electric mirrors (later on) and was offered with either a sun roof or aircon, ABS was optional.
The SX has electric windows front and rear, ABS and front fogs as standard, I think the choice of aircon or sunroof was as the LX, either one or the other but not sure, there were other nice touches like variable intermitent wipe IIRC.
The VSX had all this including both sunroof and aircon plus hydractive suspension, and possibly the self indexing passenger door mirror when reverse was selected.
But even over here the equipment level differed occasionaly, for instance, later LX's were given front fogs.
With 5 spheres there is no anti sink and no 6+2 pump, which means you have the standard BX type setup with a flow divider valve.
Some pumps can sound a bit noisey when on load, it doesn't automaticaly mean that failure is imminent.
Have you got fresh LHM in the tank, it might not have good low temperature properties if its old.
Dave
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi, with variable intermitent wipe you can change the time interval between auto operation of the windscreen wipers, <font color="red">IIRC</font id="red"> is just lazy web speak meaning <font color="red">I</font id="red">f <font color="red">I</font id="red"> <font color="red">R</font id="red">emember <font color="red">C</font id="red">orrectly.
You can't replace the single output pump with the twin output 6+2 pump, at least not without some major re-piping plus anti sink valves and sphere.
You could fit one and re-pipe the six pistons to the power steering using parts off the shelf, but you would only be left with the two pistons driving the brakes and suspension, which is ok if there are anti sink valves fitted, if not it would take a long long time for the suspension to rise each time the car was started, especialy in your present cold climate.
Dave
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Thanks Dave!