307 towbar wiring

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

307 towbar wiring

Post by john alexander »

Hi this is another post on behalf of my son, He has fitted a towbar to his wifes 307 ( it's an 02 plate 2l hdi ) but is unsure of the wiring , Can bus ???????? . Are there any experts out there with wiring diagrams and do you need to use special relays ? regards John.
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

I think you need relays and also to tell the ECU.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Have now got genuine peugeot part 9688.w5 as listed by local dealer as the wiring kit required. Problem is that there aren't the connecters in the car looms that it claims should exist. It shows 2 connecters behind the black trim just inside the boot next to spare wheel. The part bought has 3 connecter sockets, 1 supplied and the 2 that should be there. I've stripped both back pillars bare and they aren't anywhere. Help!!

Its an 02 plate. Has anyone installed one before, where were they. Has mine been missed during build?
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Think i've solved the problem myself

Dealer I bought it from is adament that its correct one.

Another dealer also claimed that it was correct but back tracked upon questioning and admitted they had ckecked for a face lift model despite being told it was an 02 plate.

2 other dealers list a different part and this is on order so fingers crossed my persistance pays off.

Hope my experiences may benefit someone else. Pre 05 is .J8 and after is . W5