Citroen dispatch 2.0hdi starting problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

col b
My Cars:

Citroen dispatch 2.0hdi starting problems

Post by col b »

hi were having real problems at times starting our dispatch ,sometimes it will start 1st turn of the key after glow plug light as gone out other times it just does not want to know ,it will turn over and you think your away but then it just dies ,do these vehicles have problems with the immobiliser as i seem to think it could be this ,is there something i could look at and is there a cure ? ,its a 06 plate ](*,)
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

First, welcome to the FCF col b :D

By
it will turn over and you think your away but then it just dies
Do you mean it begins to fire? If it was an immobiliser fault, it wouldn't even get to the firing stage as it stops the fuel at the pump.
If it doesn't fire on its off days, then it could well be.

Im sure another forum member will be along soon with a bit more detail :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Can you hear the electric fuel pump buzzing for a second or two from the tank area when the ignition is first switched on ?
col b
My Cars:

Post by col b »

red_dwarfers wrote:First, welcome to the FCF col b :D

By
it will turn over and you think your away but then it just dies
Do you mean it begins to fire? If it was an immobiliser fault, it wouldn't even get to the firing stage as it stops the fuel at the pump.
If it doesn't fire on its off days, then it could well be.

Im sure another forum member will be along soon with a bit more detail :D
sorry no it doesnt fire just turns over,some one has suggested it might need recoding :?:
col b
My Cars:

Post by col b »

update .according to the handbook the immobiliser does everything it should do in order ,it says if there is a fault with the immobiliser the red light on dash will flash twice when the ignition key is turned to position 2 ,this works in the correct order though, but still when you turn her over theres nothing ,we can hear the pump buzzing from the tank area and we have checked the fuses and relays ,the central locking is working and when you lock her the immobiliser red light flashes away as it should ,the battery on this van was goosed so a brand new heavy duty one has been put on but still we cant work out why she will not run ,this is our 1st citroen dispatch so any ideas from you guys would be great :?
col b
My Cars:

Post by col b »

col b wrote:update .according to the handbook the immobiliser does everything it should do in order ,it says if there is a fault with the immobiliser the red light on dash will flash twice when the ignition key is turned to position 2 ,this works in the correct order though, but still when you turn her over theres nothing ,we can hear the pump buzzing from the tank area and we have checked the fuses and relays ,the central locking is working and when you lock her the immobiliser red light flashes away as it should ,the battery on this van was goosed so a brand new heavy duty one has been put on but still we cant work out why she will not run ,this is our 1st citroen dispatch so any ideas from you guys would be great :?
:D :D problem cured .spoke to a independent citroen mechanic who said he had a few of these vans in with the same problem ,he suggested the fuel filter was blocked and to replace it and try it ,BINGO the guy was spot on shes now running sweet as a nut :D :D :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Would be judicious to examine just why the filter was blocked.
Could be piles of detritus in the tank and it will happen again.

Has it been run on veg or bio? - they tend to act as a detergent and clean of accumulations of old muck from the tank - which has to go somewhere :(
col b
My Cars:

Post by col b »

myglaren wrote:Would be judicious to examine just why the filter was blocked.
Could be piles of detritus in the tank and it will happen again.

Has it been run on veg or bio? - they tend to act as a detergent and clean of accumulations of old muck from the tank - which has to go somewhere :(
we have no idea as it was bought at auction but we have found the service book etc and it just looks like it as been neglected and not had it services done ,next job now its running is to get the belts done so we know there ok ,if you run on bio or veg we know from past experiance that the fuel filters need to be changed very regular ,also we bought it as a non runner so looks like the previous owner just give up so one filter and the jobs a guddun :D :D