NSW Citroën Car Club "Tech Day" 15-03-09

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

NSW Citroën Car Club "Tech Day" 15-03-09

Post by addo »

Here's a link to some (random) pictures.

Apart from my front accumulator sphere, I tested fuel rail pressure. Also helped several other people with rear Xantia spheres - got a slight trick for getting off the rear centre unit (removing the distribution block bolt for more wiggle room). Plus there was the cooling fan removal; sadly the motor removed turned out to be unserviceable (armature shaft worn away massively) at the rear bushing.

Four Xantia breaks attended. :shock: Two white, one deep red, one metallic red. Three were series I.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Some good photography there :wink:
Its always nice to see other owners with their Xantiae
Wonderful weather for it too!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That sphere regassing kit looks interesting Adam :D

We ought to have a Xantia Tech. Weekend. Top subject: Heater Matrix replacement :lol: :lol: No doubt followed by strut top replacement.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Regasser is simple and quite effective. Only non-OEM aspect of its employment, is a raked quadrant to the flat endcap to engage with the cap driving key.

There's a different driver for the long endplugs with dual flats, and also a different receiver/seal for the dimpled spheres.

Weather is typical transitional season! I was sunburnt.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I understand they couldn't get the ELIT to work, from the description of the problem it was more than likely due to its memory card being older than the cars it was being used on.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Nobody has any instructions for the ELIT. I reckon that's got to be a factor!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: Weather is typical transitional season! I was sunburnt.
We're enjoying the same here at the moment Adam, at least down south where I am at the moment :D Beautiful early spring, wall-to-wall sunshine and not cold although we had a touch of frost first-thing this morning.

Knowing the UK, this'll be just a teaser of spring to lull us into a false sense of well-being before another Antarctic cold-snap descends upon us followed by 6 months of torrential rain :twisted:

There's one good thing about the ELIT over the Lexia. No waiting a week for it to boot-up :lol: For a quick job, the ELIT is unbeatable. Self-powered, just pop it in the diagnostic socket and away you go...

Sometimes with an ELIT you have to "fool" it into thinking it's a different car. The one time I tried one on an Activa I had to tell the ELIT I had an XM Turbo. It was happy then....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...