206 petrol intermitant startting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

206 petrol intermitant startting

Post by citronut »

i had to look at a customers 206 1.4 TU petrol on thursday, i pluged my DIAG in and on a global check it came up with engine ECU not responding,

after trying diferant routes i got a message up saying engine ECU locked,

so i checked the ECU plug conection for corrosion and they were clean, i then unpluged the ECU protection relay which was dangling around under the ECU (with mountting bracket broken off) and holes in it's caseing, i tipped it up to look at the terminals which were clean, but water poured out from inside the relay case,

so this relay thought it was supposed to be water cooled

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 206 petrol intermitant startting

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: so this relay thought it was supposed to be water cooled
That will have done it all the good in the world Malcolm :lol:

Worth checking the ECU for water damage too... Modern electronics and water don't make happy bedfellows....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the fault acured because the plastic mountting bracket which is/was part of the relay body, was broken off and the hole's left in the case were faceing forward and directly in line with the gap between the slam panel and head lamp, so when the car was driven in the rain the realy would have been doused in the wet stuff,

new relay at 35 sqiud fixed it

regards malcolm