D Turbo S

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tourist
My Cars:

D Turbo S

Post by Tourist »

Thinking about getting a 306 D Turbo S, but I have a few questions:

1. Is it faster than the standard D Turbo?
2. Does it come in more colours, other than blue or that weird green?
3. Does it come with different interiors? The ones I've seen are awful on the inside.
4. How hard is it to find one that's original, and hasn't been "riced out" by wanna-be boy racers?

Thanks, any replies are appreciated on this one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: D Turbo S

Post by CitroJim »

Tourist wrote: 4. How hard is it to find one that's original, and hasn't been "riced out" by wanna-be boy racers?
Pass to all the other questions but to No.4 I'd say practicaly impossible.

What was the difference between the "standard" D-Turbo and the S? I ask as I've not heard of one before.

I really like the D-Turbo in gold metallic. I thnik it's call sunburst or somesuch. The other great 306 colour is the metallic blue. The green looks really nice if it's the same green I'm thinking of. A sort of dark colour jsut a tad lighter than a yew tree.

A friend has just bought a 207 in dark metallic gold and it looks rather good... Nice colour, shame about the car...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Tourist
My Cars:

Post by Tourist »

I'm not quite sure what the differences are between the standard D Turbo and the S, Jim, all I know is that the S has harder suspension and, I think, is a limited edition.

I've got my eyes on a rather nice XRDT on Autotrader at the moment, I think it's in the green you're talking about. Looks brilliant, but it's a little far, and it lacks some features that I want.

Given this thread has had only 1 reply (thankyou though, Jim) I think I'll take it that nobody is familiar with the S version.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Hello,

Having owned an R reg 306 DTurbo in balze yellow (this is the name of the gold metalic that I think Jim is talking about) I had a quick look on the net to see what the difference was between the DTurbo and DTurbo S.
To be honest I cant see what the difference is, whilst looking it does appear that the DTurbo S was mainly on the older 306's (about 1996) I might be wrong though!
The one I had, had the sports seats and firmer suspension etc (it was a standard unmodified example).
I would highly recomend the DTurbo, I still regret getting rid of it even though it's been gone over 2 years!
Fun car to drive, quick enough and economical (if driven sensibly). I bought mine with 50K on the clock and sold it after 4 years of ownership with just over 130K on the clock and can safely say I still loved driving it.
Good look in the search!
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
sparky33

Post by sparky33 »

There is no mechanical difference betweeen a Dturbo and a Dturbo S, it was just a "special" trim , mainly seats and paint colour, it was introduced towards the end of the phase1, just to clear them out ready for the phase2, just like all manufacturers offer special editions to clear out old models, a few added toys or fancy wheels.
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

All the phase 1 306td's had almost the same engine no mater what the trim level, the only differances were lucas pump and KKK turbo or bosch pump and garret turbo but only 1bhp between them.
jimmartin1

Post by jimmartin1 »

Really the same mechanically but a different trim. Theres extra pockets in the inside and the likes
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Having witnessed a bunch of 306 anoraks get the handbags out on another forum on this same subject, I can offer the following words on the D-Turbo:
It came in 1.9TD and 2.0HDI form.

The D-Turbo S only came on 1.9TD form, with 90 or 92 bhp depending on whether it was made in 95 or 97).

Otherwise they were identical trim and equipment-wise
ImageImage