Berlingo BSI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bright-spark

Berlingo BSI

Post by bright-spark »

Hi i have a w reg berlingo van and it had a faulty Bsi so i bought one from the scrap yard but it was from a newer model and it had software version 8.2 where as my original had a 8.1.
Once fitted my mileage went from 90k to 149k on the clock and the van wont start as if it has an immobiliser stopping it and a key light comes up on the dash.

So i but the original bsi unit back in and the mileage has stayed at 149k now is there anyway to get it back to my original mileage.
bright-spark

Post by bright-spark »

Also does anyone know how i can get passed the immo if i keep the new bsi unit in?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I'm not entirely sure that it can be done but I imagine that you need to find someone with a Lexia to re-programme the new BSi/immobilser to the car, that is if a BSi can be re-programmed.

"Wheeler" is the man to answer such a question accurately.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The BSI is matched to the engine ECU & is part of the imobiliser system, the second hand BSI has a different imobiliser code stored from your ECU now so thats why it doesent start. BSI's can only be matched once & can't be reprogramed to another car with Lexia. If you have acsess to the van you got the BSI from then if you take the engine ECU (provided its the same engine of course) & the keys from the van these are already all matched & should work without reprograming.
With regards to the mileage it's stored in both the BSI & instrument panel & it will always memorise the higher reading, as soon as you plug a different BSI or instrument panel into the car it writes the higher mileage of the two into each other & you cant go back. There are people out there thought that can do digital mileage 'correction'
Whats the fault with the BSI out of curiosity ? BSI's often get blamed for lots of faults.
bright-spark

Post by bright-spark »

My dash does not work until the engine warms up, the stereo does not turn itself off and the dash and instruments dont light up. I can only trace it back to the bsi but im no expert.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Once the dash starts working does the radio operate OK ? First off try disconnecting the radio to rule that out as the problem, The instrument panel, the BSI & radio are all on the same network. a problem with one of them can affect the others, next there are some earth terminals in both the kickpanels in the footwells & i think there may also be some under the centre console. Remove clean & tighten these. Have you had the instrument panel out to check the connections ?