Hello

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

New-2-Citroen
My Cars:

Hello

Post by New-2-Citroen »

Just a quickie to say hello to the forums...

Am (as the username suggests) new to Citroen having just purchased a 2005 C4 VTR+ 1.6HDi

Haven't seen much written about them in here but perhaps thats because they are only recently coming into the sh market ?

Anyway....

Nice to meet you all (sort of anyway) :)

Steve.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hi and welcome.

There is as noted very little on here about C4s. It is predominantly hydropneumatic Citroens that get all the attention.
When I first came there was next to nothing on C5s either but that is rapidly changing as more and more of them fall to pieces :) so C4s may yet have their day here.

If you should have problems or need advice there will be plenty willing to help though.
New-2-Citroen
My Cars:

Post by New-2-Citroen »

Hopefully it wont start falling apart anytime soon as we have just spent all our spare folding on my other passion.....Saabs...

Just bought a 1989 C900 Turbo which will no doubt keep me busy...

Thanks for the welcome :)

Steve.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the FCF Steve! :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
New-2-Citroen
My Cars:

Post by New-2-Citroen »

red_dwarfers wrote:Welcome to the FCF Steve! :D

Merci beaucoup :wink:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

New-2-Citroen wrote:Hopefully it wont start falling apart anytime soon as we have just spent all our spare folding on my other passion.....Saabs...

Just bought a 1989 C900 Turbo which will no doubt keep me busy...

Thanks for the welcome :)

Steve.
You may see references to SAABs in some of my other posts, daughter #3 loves them and is on her second one now, reluctantly parted with her 'H' reg 900 aero-S 16v turbo and now has a 900 2.3 cabriolet, 'R' reg, which must be when they changed as I spotted an identical (bright yeller) 93 cabriolet a couple of days ago - OK, I know they aren't real SAABs but one can always pretend :).

Some years ago I used to live not far from the SAAB factory (but closer to the Volvo one).
Used to pootle around in a couple of 90's (3 cylinder 2-stroke). Around 1955 vintage. Wonderful cars especially for their time.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Steve, a very warm welcome :D
myglaren wrote: Used to pootle around in a couple of 90's (3 cylinder 2-stroke). Around 1955 vintage. Wonderful cars especially for their time.
My goodness Steve, you've had some interesting cars in your time. Those Saab two-strokes have always held a big appeal for me.

Don't get me started on two-stroke triples :lol: I adore them 8) Although I must admit all my experience of them were in Suzuki motorbikes. My last was a GT550. That was BK (Before Kids)...

The whiff of two-stroke exhaust still sets my heart racing, especially an engine lubricated with and burning Castrol "R" :P
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
New-2-Citroen
My Cars:

Post by New-2-Citroen »

Thanks for the welcomes folks :)

The 900 will be Saab number 2 for me as I also have a 2004 9-5 3.0TiD Estate as my "daily driver" ...

I too like the noise and smell of the 2-strokes......Especially a V4 :wink:
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

New-2-Citroen wrote:Thanks for the welcomes folks :)

The 900 will be Saab number 2 for me as I also have a 2004 9-5 3.0TiD Estate as my "daily driver" ...

I too like the noise and smell of the 2-strokes......Especially a V4 :wink:
Which is a 4 stroke :o
Jonathan
1986 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.5
1979 GS 1220 Club Estate awaiting more welding
1952 David Brown 30D awaiting new liners
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:Steve, a very warm welcome :D
myglaren wrote: Used to pootle around in a couple of 90's (3 cylinder 2-stroke). Around 1955 vintage. Wonderful cars especially for their time.
My goodness Steve, you've had some interesting cars in your time. Those Saab two-strokes have always held a big appeal for me.

Don't get me started on two-stroke triples :lol: I adore them 8) Although I must admit all my experience of them were in Suzuki motorbikes. My last was a GT550. That was BK (Before Kids)...

The whiff of two-stroke exhaust still sets my heart racing, especially an engine lubricated with and burning Castrol "R" :P
Agreed, Castrol 'R' is something wonderful, I have even known girls become very compliant to suggestions that they would normally reject out of hand, once they get a whiff of 'R' fumes.

I have also recently read somewhere of it being added in small quantities to the fuel in modern cars, just to achieve that very special aroma.
I wonder if Boots castor oil would do the same trick in my car :?: :D

Or Laura's Bananamobile :evil:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jonathan_dyane wrote: Which is a 4 stroke :o
Yes, the V4 in the Saab was indeed a four-stroke Jonathan :D Was it not the Ford "Essex" V4 as fitted into the Corsair and early Tranny vans?

The engine was also, I believe, put in the NSU Ro80 by intrepid owners when the Wankel finally bade a fond goodnight Vienna and NSU would no longer replace it (for the nth time - where n is a large number) under warranty. That must have really spoilt and otherwise good car as the V4 was never a particularly refined unit, being intrinsically unbalanced.

There was, I believe a two-stroke V4 fitted to the Yamaha RD500LC. I also have a feeling a similar engine was used in the Suzuki RG500 but knowing me, the mists of time have fogged my brain on that :roll:

Steve, I never kenew the effect "R" could have on young ladies :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Amazing, isn't it. Who needs 'Old Spice' :twisted:

The V4's were originally Triumph but the delivery to SAAB was so poor they switched to the Ford one - same as in the V4 Corsair IIRC.

ETA:

Got the banana uploaded at last - was a 5.5 Mb RAW file and Imageshack just spat it back :)
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Hello

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
I had a V4 Corsair--it lived in Cortina's shadow, but a far better car all round. The 2000E Corsair was better again than the milkbottle shaped Cortina Mk3 2000E, with all their L, GL, GXL derivatives.
The Yam V4 was a different fish altogether--went like poo off a shovel, -probably faster, lol. As with the Suzy 500. A quarter of the weight, with an engine developing the same or more bhp- scope for serious fun.
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS