XM seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

XM seats

Post by vanny »

Does anyone know if XM seats (the nice fancy ones which move in EVERY direction) have the same frame/bolt in points as the BX? Thinkin about puttin the fully electric ones in [:D]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Vanny - mate [xx(] :
- these seats may probably cost you more than your car [V]
AFAIK you wo'nt be able to close the doors in the bx if you fit these seats - the BX is not spacy enough inside [:(!]
Try look for a set of aftermarket multiadjust sportseats instead - some owners does'nt wanna bother mess around fitting new conversion kits for the subframe mountings - when they buy a new car.
A good set would cost you from £200 and up.
Note that some BX'es have the double adjust front seats. These have adjustable frontedge height - and is much more comfortable on long drives [^]
The XM super seats is probably from £500 and up a set from a broker (including control/memory computer) [B)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Wasnt too worried about the cost, i figured some would trun up eventually at no/little cost with someone not realisin how much they are worth. Saw them for the fist time a couple of months ago in an ?SX and was seriously impressed!!
Hadnt thought about the physical size of them though, they would never fit would they!
Already have the GTi seats in the BX, along with an entire GTi trim, only the dash left to do, but im waiting for a sunny day before i do that and all the wiring jobs. The one im stuck on at the moment is putting in the sunroof console in as my BX doesnt have a sunroof and hence no place to fit it into. Want it for the lights (then i can remove those in the Bpillar), and a place to stick additional switches!! Kinda aircraft style. Gonna try some German VW Beetle style inginuity.
Dont suppose anybody knows anything about gull wing doors, or forward rolling doors (Ferrari style)?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

that's right Vanny - go get 'em - never give up[^]
That gullwing door layout I would love to see on a BX - and pssst away the problem is with the crap front door hinges - 2 flies swashed in one stroke.
- love your attitude : I want it - do'nt try stop me
[;)]