306 rain sensored wipers.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pug_owner2002
My Cars:

306 rain sensored wipers.

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are different types of rain sensor depending on glass type for the 306?
My rain sensor was working perfectly with the original screen (heat reflective type), however they no longer work with the new (standard tint) screen. All I can get is intermittent.
The car is a 2001 x reg 1.4LX.

Thanks,
Simon.
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: 306 rain sensored wipers.

Post by DickieG »

pug_owner2002 wrote:My rain sensor was working perfectly with the original screen (heat reflective type), however they no longer work with the new (standard tint) screen. All I can get is intermittent.
That's more than likely because the sensor isn't pressed hard against the screen, try pressing it against the screen so much that the gel covering the sensor is slightly squashed and it will more than likely work, I had the same problem on one of my Xantia's.

BTW a new sensor is something like £150 :shock: so that may be an incentive to try my quick fix first :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Thanks for the reply DickieG.
I have tried this and the windscreen guy also spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work in this way too.
It's not a big issue, just something I wanted to get working again because it's on the car.
I'll have a look to see if I can find one down the scrappy, as I have got to pop there as I've jinxed my wipers by posyting this thread!
I need a replacement drivers side wiper arm as the current one fitted is bent good and proper due to the plastic clip that hold the passenger wiper blade in place beaking, which allowed the passenger side wiper blade to move towards the drivers side one which in turn let them tangle up with one another until one of them lost the battle!

Cars eh!
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
sparky33

Post by sparky33 »

The screen type shouldn't make any difference, but it might be that you need to reset the autowipe function, it tells you in the handbokk how to do it.