Does this look like an MOT fail?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

Does this look like an MOT fail?

Post by Village »

This is the top of the o/s front suspension turret on my ZX:

I reckon it's a fail, to the extent that I'm weighing it in tomorrow! There are a load of other things wrong with it, but this looks like a biggie.
French car free zone....
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I reckon that's a fail, and several hours or welding / fab to put right.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No doubt about it I'm afraid :( A fail.

Reminds me of the old Fix Or Repair Dailys back in the 70s. They used to make special repair plates for their strut tops. Were they called something like "Flitch Plates"?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

frayed (round the edges) so failed, in fact it looks like the strut is on its way through the inner wing, ZX's seem to suffer with tin worm quite a lot, especialy around the front inner wing area, i dont know if you can buy a repair panle like those sold in the day off the "fixit or rust daily's" as Jim said

regards malcolm
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes that certainly is a failure on a ZX with that amount of corrosion, and lack of strength!

So, although the Xantia also has a problem in this area at least it does not affect the body shell unlike the ZX, and the strut tops are replaceable I.E. akin to a flitch plate.

This amount of corrosion on a strut top is the sort of thing that most people would have thought that we left behind in the past, when this was a common problem from the "Life On Mars" days!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.