Number plate bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

Number plate bulbs

Post by Road_Hog »

I have to replace the reg plate bulb on a 2002 Zsara.

Does the plastic lens cover pull off from the outside and if so, any tricks for removing it without breaking it or do you have to remove the sound proofing from the inside to get at it internally?
Scottpr
My Cars:

Re: Number plate bulbs

Post by Scottpr »

Road_Hog wrote:I have to replace the reg plate bulb on a 2002 Zsara.

Does the plastic lens cover pull off from the outside and if so, any tricks for removing it without breaking it or do you have to remove the sound proofing from the inside to get at it internally?
The plastic lens cover is easily removable, just pops off, might want to use a flat head screw driver to prise it off, but its not difficult.
No need to take the boot lining out as the bulb just pulls out.
However you can get the whole bulb fixing, which again just pulls out, (clips either side) unplug the wire and plug in the new one! The whole thing should cost no more than £2.50
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if it's like the XANT's there is a tiny slot at one or tuther end of the lens, pick it out with a small screw driver, that is the easy bit as it's great fun pulling the bulb out and re/fitting it, you need tiny fingers with eyes on the tips and that can swivle 360deg

regards malcolm
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Well managed to remove the lens cover. Started with a very small screwdriver, wouldn't budge. Went to bigger screwdriver and it came off and a tiny bit of the lens cover went, about the size of two pin heads, but enough to mean that the cover falls over every time you slam the boot.

I wonder how much Mr.Citroen is going to want for a bit of clear plastic, not the pence it would cost to make, I would imagine.

Edit £2.75 but after phoning a few garages, nobody has them in stock and it'll take them a couple of days. Time to do a home made repair.
Scottpr
My Cars:

Post by Scottpr »

Road_Hog wrote:Well managed to remove the lens cover. Started with a very small screwdriver, wouldn't budge. Went to bigger screwdriver and it came off and a tiny bit of the lens cover went, about the size of two pin heads, but enough to mean that the cover falls over every time you slam the boot.

I wonder how much Mr.Citroen is going to want for a bit of clear plastic, not the pence it would cost to make, I would imagine.

Edit £2.75 but after phoning a few garages, nobody has them in stock and it'll take them a couple of days. Time to do a home made repair.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-CITROEN-R ... ms=72:1683|
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Your £2.75 from Citroen (I'm sure they were £2.51 in July) also includes a new bulb, backing plate and wiring connector. Quite reasonably priced really.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.