C5 Radio Information Display

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andydykes
My Cars:

C5 Radio Information Display

Post by andydykes »

I have just replaced the display in my LX with one from an SX model and now have all the extra functions. However it doesn't appear to illuminate when the lights are switched on. I assume I need to swap wires to correct this. Anybody got a diagram or can tell me the colours of the wires which control the light display please.

Thanks

Andy
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Could be that the backlight bulbs are dead - one of mine is.

Halfords reportedly charge around £2 each for them but they are available from motor factors for far less, around 1/4 of Halfords price.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The wiring should be the same on both types so i would also say it looks like just the bulbs are gone, there are 3 of them if i remember correctly.
andydykes
My Cars:

Post by andydykes »

wheeler wrote:The wiring should be the same on both types so i would also say it looks like just the bulbs are gone, there are 3 of them if i remember correctly.
I thought as much, they seem to be delicate as the old one removed only had one working bulb. Looks like a trip to Maplins or halfrauds

It was the bulbs, all changed and display now illuminates. :D
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS