Xsara 2002 1.4 Airbag light permanently on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

Xsara 2002 1.4 Airbag light permanently on

Post by Road_Hog »

A couple of weeks ago the airbag light came on on the wife's car, it also shows the light underneath indicating that the passenger airbag has been turned off (as you can do with the key of the side of the dash).

Now obviously we haven't turned the passenger airbag off, although I did try turning off and on again in the vain hope that the light would go off.

Any idea what could cause this, other than an airbag failure?

Also, if I bough a code reader/resetter, would the warning light come straight back on after I had reset it?

Thanks.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

with a lot of citroens/pugs its usualy a bad conection at the plug conector under one of the front seats, but i belive some of the later cars it is linked to the seat belts,

if you live near one of us LEXIA owners it is easyest to have it checked by pluging it in to read fault/s codes

regards malcolm
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

citronut wrote:with a lot of citroens/pugs its usualy a bad conection at the plug conector under one of the front seats, but i belive some of the later cars it is linked to the seat belts,
Ah, you might just have hit the nail on the head there, with the seatbelt.

Whilst I was having a quick look at the car yesterday (wife's car, don't usually take much notice of it), I noticed that there was a wire running up the driver's seat belt stalk and going into the connector. I just assumed this was a bodge it job by the dealer, to stop the seat belt sign coming on.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Nope; that's how they are made. It's for the seatbelt warning light - not the airbag/pretensioner harness.
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

addo wrote:Nope; that's how they are made. It's for the seatbelt warning light - not the airbag/pretensioner harness.
Thanks.