206 1.9D No Power From Cold

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brun

206 1.9D No Power From Cold

Post by brun »

its a 51 plate, 1.9D none turbo

basically if we get any frost or its really cold at night, when my mum comes to go to work in it in the morning, it starts perfectly normally but when she pulls off the drive and goes to go up the street, the car has no power, its so bad it really struggles to get to 30mph, even 15-20 actually

we have already put loads of fuel treatment through it, changed the fuel filter, air filter, coolant temp sensor, and EGR valve(also throttle body on this engine), and it had a set of new glow plugs before we bought it, ive tested em and none of em are open circuit, its also had a new centre section and back box, the cambelt has been done aswell

any common problems we should be aware of ?

once the car has been running 10mins it suddenly fires into life and drives perfectly normally
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

is it fited with the thermostaticly operated cable going to the diesel pump, if so is it working properly or even at all, the easyest way to check it is if the cable is tought when engine is stone cold, also on the same set up it will have a contact inside a rubber belows on the front of the pump, these contacts when closed feed a negative to a servo which alters the pump timeing for cold start

regards malcolm
amjake

Post by amjake »

THanks for this took to our garage for same problem and found cable loose, tightened and a car running as it should when cold, Thanks