Xantia (new model) Remote locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RoadkillUK
My Cars:

Xantia (new model) Remote locking

Post by RoadkillUK »

My X reg xantia remote locking has stopped working, it's the plip that's the problem. I only have the one :(

My brother is scrapping an identical xantia and I've removed the CPH (body computer) from his car and I'm going to fit it to mine.

If I swap the CPH and the internals of the plip will it work or is there more to it?

I've put mine in my brothers car and when I insert the key, it beeps at me and the orange 'key' is shown on the dashboard.

Help is appreciated, thanks.

Lee.
Roadkill
http://www.bradford7.co.uk

Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000X)
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

The key if it is the radio type has a transponder in the key blade and a receiver in the instrument column. The plip is a radio frequency not like the IR ones on the mkI Xantia. The MkI cars can be 'retuned', The MkII models cant, unless you go to citroen and they charge around £45 to do it.
Not sure if changing the body computer will work but the idea is sound, but you must also replace the culomn receiver too

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
RoadkillUK
My Cars:

Post by RoadkillUK »

From what I can gather, the transponder is on the circuit board (I only assume this as there is very little room to put a chip elsewhere) and the receiver is part of the ECU, the only thing in the steering column is an aerial.

If this is the case then I can change the CPH and the fob, but I will still require the old fob to disable the immobiliser.

When people talk about programming their plip, be it themselves or the Dealers, what is it that is being programmed? Is it the ECU changed to match the plip or is it visa-versa? Or is it the CPH to match the plip or visa-versa?
Roadkill

Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000X)
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

MkI Xantia's and other models used to have Infra Red remotes that are easily reprogramed. MkII and cars from about 1999 have Radio frequency remotes that cannot be reprogrammed.
Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The CPH & the injection ECU are a matched pair for the imobiliser & they cant be re coded (not with citroen diagnostic gear anyway). You would also need the injection ECU from your brothers car if it's the same type, his key's & the ignition lock (the imobiliser chip is in the keyblade part not the remote body). The orange imobiliser light is flashing at you because the transponder code in the ECU doesent match the one stored in the CPH. You do not need to swap the aerial round the ignition barrel as this part is not coded to the car, its just an aerial.
Have you had the RF signal from the plip tested ? if its still giving a signal then it probably just needs re coded (with diagnostic gear), apparently you can re code a 2nd hand RF plip to another xantia. The reciever for the remote is inside the CPH.
RoadkillUK
My Cars:

Post by RoadkillUK »

Thanks for the help chaps, it looks like what I was trying to do was impossible without the help of the dealers.

Anyway, I put everything back as it was and as I went for the plip to lock the car (with the key), I caught the button and .... the damn thing locked remotely. Yay, it's working again now.

What a waste of time that was :)
Roadkill

Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000X)