Check your battery !!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Check your battery !!!

Post by vince »

Has this happened to anyone?....

Came out to the car this morning and tried to unlock it with the plip. Nothing.

Put the key in the drivers lock and the door tab pops up inside but again, Nothing. Tried the key in the passenger lock and the same happens but still no access. Tried the boot lock and it doesnt turn. Fort Knox :cry:

The red light inside is no longer on so i presume the battery is absolutely dead....? Funny how the CD hasnt popped out though....

After a few phone calls to find "secret ways in", apparently there arent any so im now waiting for a mobile mechanic friend of who has a way of getting into flat cars.....without going through the window. Hooking up a live feed to the starter or the number plate light contacts and earthed on the body somewhere.....this apparently brings them back to life and allows you to access the engine bay...

Need to get to the bottom of this fault ASAP as i start work next Wednesday and need the car.

Good things though:
I gave the car its first wax last night including wheels....its looks amazing sat in the drive....pity its just a giant paperweight though at the moment :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Good Morning Vince,

I've had a totally dead battery as well but the key open the door lock manually.

Could your hear the door lock when you turned the key :?:

I never have had this problem or heard of it. Good luck :wink:
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Vince,
My xantia opens on the key without a battery fitted but I did notice it doesn't always unlock the door - despite the tab seemingly lift all the way up - it hadn't and so hadn't actually unlocked. Just a firmer unlock with the key is needed.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks Mike, i will give it s try....i didnt want to break it...im a bit heavy handed sometimes :)

Now youve got me worrying about what the cause is....
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...