alarm.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomrostron

alarm.

Post by tomrostron »

i have been told by my neighbours, that my lights keep flashing, and alarm going off intermittently. if i just use the key to lock the doors and not the fob, will this stop it. i know i wont be alarmed, but im not bothered. 99 xantia 2.1td. tom
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Yes, hold the key in the lock position until it clunks a second time, then the doors are deadlocked without the alarm being set.
You can of course unlock it using the remote as normal.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tom,

I'll bet your Ultrasonics have packed in and this is causing the lights to flash.

Try setting the alarm with them defeated. Do this by pressing the defeat button on the dash (loudspeaker symbol with a cross through it) with the ignition off until the red Alarm LED in the middle of the cabin temperature sensor grille lights up solidly. Now set the alarm on the PILP as normal. You'll be deadlocked now and partially alarmed.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Cant you turn off the alarm system under the bonnet with the key? I cant remember exactly how you do it though.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
tomrostron

Post by tomrostron »

hi vince. i lifted the bonnet, to turn off the alarm, as i had done with a previous xantia. but alas, i couldnt find a place put in the key. tom
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Just locking it on the key should suffice, that's what I did on my 2000 Xantia.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.