C5 minor niggles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andydykes
My Cars:

C5 minor niggles

Post by andydykes »

Hi All,

Not been on here for a while since my Xsara died after the cam belt jumped a cog.

Anyway have bought a C5, not the HDI SX model I wanted and have seen some real bangers too. Got a 52 plate 1.8 16v LX

Problems found so far,

Original radio didn't work so have replaced with one from a previous car. Works fine except it remains on after ignition is switched off. Memory for statons works fine (radio was in Xsara and had to swap ign and mem leads) I did have a Picasso which had a feature that allowed the radio to remain on for upto 30mins does the C5 have the same and can it be disabled? I assume that if it can't I will need to run a feed from the cigar lighter, how easy is this to access?

Problem 2, the heater only works on the two fastest settings. I don't have the digital / auto climate control :( is it resistors or diodes and an easy fix?

Problem 3, one of the number plate lights don't work, easy procedure to remove please?

Thanks

Andy
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

1. run an ignition feed from the fag lighter or glovebox light as there is no ignition live at the radio.

2. probably the transistor pack located in the heater box just to the left of the clutch pedal.

3. use a small metal angled pick at the edges of the lens cover & just pop it off.
andydykes
My Cars:

Post by andydykes »

wheeler wrote:1. run an ignition feed from the fag lighter or glovebox light as there is no ignition live at the radio.

2. probably the transistor pack located in the heater box just to the left of the clutch pedal.

3. use a small metal angled pick at the edges of the lens cover & just pop it off.
Thanks for information, looks like a few little jobs for the weekend. Is the transistor pack for auto aircon, mine is manual resistors? :?

Found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heater-Reduction- ... 40%3A1318
Is this the part I need and is price ok?

Cheers
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
Picasso Diesel, Xantia Diesel, Xsara Petrol, BX1.9 GTI Petrol, BX Diesel, GSA, GS
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I really don't think that this is what you need, according to the description and appearance it is a motor reduction gear to control the flaps that direct the airstream from the heater.

I've just replaced my transistor pack and it was about £45 + VAT but yours will be a lot cheaper as I'm sure it is just a set of resistors.
There are instructions here somewhere for repairing the module with resistors from Maplins for a fraction of the cost of replacing the module. You are of course not constrained to Maplins, any decent electronics supply house will have what you need.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

sorry, thought you said you had auto aircon. you will have the more basic type resistor pack & i believe its at the other side of the heater box. check the connector pins aint burnt out aswell, they can get quite hot.
Also that looks like a mixer flap motor as myglaren said, deffo not the thing your after.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Buy a replacement number plate bulb, holder and lens from your dealer. About £2.50. I always break them!
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
andydykes
My Cars:

Post by andydykes »

bencowell wrote:Buy a replacement number plate bulb, holder and lens from your dealer. About £2.50. I always break them!
£2.65 from ebay free postage :) Hope it's here by Saturday. Thanks guys for the help. Have tried to search for more details on the resistor pack but can only find details for the transistors. I assume with position 3 & 4 working on the switch I don't need to replace this. Any information on the resistor values, part number and location? Will have a look at the wires over the weekend if it's dry.

Cheers
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's
andydykes
My Cars:

Fan Blower Resistor Help

Post by andydykes »

My heater blower only works on the last two settings. Manual selection mine is the LX model. Just phoned my local stealer's for a quote, gave my reg number and the reply was £105 +vat :x

I was under the impression that the manual air con uses a different system to control the fan motor, can anybody confirm this and perhaps give me the correct part number and supplier who won't rob me. I am worried about burning the motor out if it's on this high for some time?

Thanks

Andy
Current Car C5 1.8LX
Pre Loved Citroen's