1007 fault message

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

504GLD

1007 fault message

Post by 504GLD »

My 2006, Peugeot 1007 every now and again beeps to tell me a fault message in the RT3 unit's alerts list.

Fault : Load shedding in progress.

The car went through a stage of doing this a lot about a year ago and the under warranty the dealer had the car in and did some tests. I don't recall the outcome, but when we had the snap of cold weather it happened again when the outside temp had dropped to -3 to -8.

Everything works, no systems shut down. So leads me back to the question what the heck is this message.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

get it pluged into a DIAG if there is anyone near were you live that has one,

preferably not the dealer as pound notes flash before the eyes,

were about are you as i do have a DIAG 2000

regards malcolm
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

It's something to do with low battery battery current I think.
ImageImage
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

Low battery current could explain the message. The cold weather would of course had an effect if the battery is less than perfect. There is no noticable effect in its operation though. The car is still under warranty so I guess I will have to nag them for a new battery.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

"Load Shedding" is a term used when an electricity supply is unable to meet the full demand placed on it and non-essential services are switched off, often automatically, to a point where the supply can comfortably deliver the demand to the remaining essential services. Often this applies during a loss of National Grid power to say, a hospital, and the standby generators cannot sustain the full load. Non-critical loads will be turned off ("shed") to ensure say, the ICU and Operating Theatre gets all the power it needs.

I'd guess, as said, this aplies here as well. So if it's cold and the HRW and 10 other high-demand bits are all on and drawing power, some will be automatically killed off to give priority to keeping the battery fully charged.

Modern cars are very power-hungry and I guess in the 1007 it is absolutely essential to maintain the battery fully charged in order to ensure reliable operation of the doors.

So, I'd say it's just a warning message to tell you you're being a bit too demanding of the electrics...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

That makes a lot of sence in your explanation, thanks. It is the top model with everything on it, RT3/climate/elec roof/JBL system and so on, so it does need the juice....