Mystery connector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

duckmonkey
My Cars:

Mystery connector

Post by duckmonkey »

Found a dangling loose connector under the in engine of my Xantia 2.1TD 98/R. Can't find anything to plug it into...

Its a green connector with what looks like orange and green wires leading from it. The other end disappears in some trunking which disappears into the bowels of the engine bay.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dr.graham.m ... 4833154770

Everything seems to work without it plugged in, but what should it do?

Thanks in advance,

Graham
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

That should be the oil pressure sensor on side of the oil sump, pointing towards the radiator.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nope, that's for the oil temperature sensor (Blue plug). The sensor should be screwed into the side of tha sump and it looks not to be there.

If the sesor is absent, would suggest the car has had a replacement sump at some point and the replacement does not have the sensor boss.

The sensor is important on the 2.1TD as the Injection ECU uses it to sense engine temperature.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Sorry for the wrong information. If there is a temp. sensor then the connected plug should look like this:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

VertVega wrote:Sorry for the wrong information. If there is a temp. sensor then the connected plug should look like this:

No worries VertVega :D

That's a perfect picture of it. Thanks for posting that one up, better than my attempts to describe it!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Foglight connector? That's a medium green plug with two wires, but usually it will be dangling down near the horns.
duckmonkey
My Cars:

Post by duckmonkey »

Thanks for the info, in your pic does the temp sensor have the 2 wires like my dangling one?

It has had a replacement sump in its history so I guess it was replaced with the wrong type :evil:

I'll check if the fogs work...
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

addo, I think it can't be from foglight since the location is somewhere below the oil filter and hanging next to the aircon. compressor. The distance is too far for the connector.

In mine temp sensor has a pink colored single wire and the connector is blue.
I can check tomorrow the possible double wired connectors there.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

This was the only double wired GREEN connector I have found in that area. It is connected to another green connector. No idea from which sensor/device it is.

Last edited by VertVega on 18 Jan 2009, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

VertVega wrote: It is connected to another green connector. No idea from which sensor/device it is.
I believe that will be the knock sensor VertVega. Certainly on a Turbo CT the knock sensor is on a green connector.
Jim

VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Thanks citrojim, In this recent picture above there is a gray connector seen at the background. Could that be the pressure sensor?

(Above gray is MAP sensor's)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

VertVega wrote:In this recent picture above there is a gray connector seen at the background. Could that be the pressure sensor?
Yes, that's the oil pressure sensor/sender..
Jim