engine managment light on and limited 2 3000rpm saxo vtr

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

saxo-john
My Cars:

engine managment light on and limited 2 3000rpm saxo vtr

Post by saxo-john »

brought a diesil to go to work in stop the miles cranking up on the saxo. Came to start the saxo after about 14 days and it was dead jumped it like have done many times it fired 1st time no worries but ecu light came on but tihs has happened before (de-cat) was never limited just light came up but only when driving it, it was limited to 3000 had this on a diagnostic machine and it came up unknown fault and tryed erasing it but came straight back. so none the wiser

does any one think that it has spiked the ecu? if so what steps can i go to to resolve

1)new ecu
2)as above will i need anything else
3)can it be mapped out
4)will it be a sensor
[center]Image[/center]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

First off what engine is it ? Was there a P code with the fault ? If you jump started it then took the jump leads off pretty much straight away then there is the possibility of spiking the ECU. Have you tried charging the battery off the car & re fitting ?
saxo-john
My Cars:

Post by saxo-john »

appoliges

its a saxo vtr 2003 engine it came up on the pda unknown fault but would not erase
[center]Image[/center]
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

so its the 1.6 8V? TU lump, try loking and unloking the car with the remote plip a couple of times

regards malcolm
saxo-john
My Cars:

Post by saxo-john »

i have took it to ccp in coventry and the reprgrammed the ecu and it worked and for 39 quid bargain
[center]Image[/center]