washer nozzle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

3ps

washer nozzle

Post by 3ps »

Hi,

The passenger side washer nozzle snapped where the tube goes on. I am going to get new nozzles but was wondering if there were any tips on how to remove and replace these nozzles? It looks like they are just pressed in but I don't want to damage anything in removal or fitting.

Any tips greatly appreciated!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if this is a xantia they are fragile, you remove or fit them by hooking the sprung plastic end/edge into place first then gently push towards that same end at the same time drop the other end in then let go

regards malcolm
3ps

Post by 3ps »

sorry yes it's a Xantia.

OK I'll have a look at the new ones and see if I can do it without breaking them, thanks.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The plastic will be hard and prone to breaking by cold weather.
If you can soften it with warm water or a hair dryer, it will flex more easily.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

My washers are also pretty poor and have an electrical fitting which looks like a circlip. How do I remove please? I remember reading somewhere on here that the spray nozzle from one of the Peugeots is better than the standard Xantia fitment. Can anyone confirm and from which model.

Mind you they would have to be heated also, so maybe not !!
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

hirsty wrote:My washers are also pretty poor and have an electrical fitting which looks like a circlip. How do I remove please?
They'll be the jet heaters :D Part of the "Winter Pack"

The Peugeiot ones normally recommended are those fitted to the 405 and are spray bars that clip directly onto the wiper blade. They are excellent but you'll loose the heaters...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you need to heat your kniples!!!!! there would not usualy be much point in wetting your screen anyway, as it will more than likely freeze on contact with the cold air, then you wont be able to see were you are going

regards malcolm
3ps

Post by 3ps »

well this was easily fixed. the existing nozzles seems to have failed at some previous point and there was black rubber/gunge melted all over it. It was easy to cut this out and then twist/break the nozzle out. It left some plastic piping within the washer tubing which had to take out.

The new nozzle clipped into place very easily.

It took me twice as long, however, to adjust the damn nozzles. I put a steel pin into them but it bent and they were very stiff to move with a sharp nail etc... and when they did move it was in big jumps.

Anyway I was doing all this and other fiddly jobs as I was selling the car so it's now gone and I'm Citroenless but I may return to the fold at some point in the future.

For now I am back to my Alfas......

Thanks for all the help.