Xantia dashbulb replacement and heater control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Xantia dashbulb replacement and heater control

Post by vince »

Hi gang,

Can you replace dashbulbs from under the drivers footwell? If not then do you need to remove the steering wheel to get the dash clocks out?

Also my heater control (ie hot or cold) slider isnt working properly...is it easier to replace the panel from a scrappers?

95 Xantia by the way :P

Vince
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

You can't gain access to the dashbulbs on a Xantia from under the footwell, you have to pull the panel out of the dash which on a S1 also involves removing the steering wheel, TBH its not that much extra work.

I take it that as your Xantia is a 95 its not fitted with A/C? If the heater slider isn't working its more than likely due to a cable fault such as a missing clip, remove the radio and look down onto the heater panel to see whats happening when you move the slider. To look at the other end of the cable you might be able to view it removing the glovebox (don't forget there's two screws in each corner under the felt).
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks Richard i will have to have a look..doesnt sound too bad then :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...