Citroen overseas (pics)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Citroen overseas (pics)

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Hi, i was in Turkey for a week over Xmas/new year, i had hoped that there may have been a Mk3 Xantia in evidence, to see if it might have looked any better in the flesh than the pics i posted earlier on the forum, but no such luck :(
In fact Citroens are generally pretty thin on the ground , the the main car on the roads seems to be the old boxy Fiat 124 , but it's badged as a Tata , i did manage to find one CX 2000( in exactly the same spot it was last May ) , so i assume its now been abandoned, i only was able to get a couple of pics before my camera packed up :cry: :cry: , i'm off back over again in May, so if its still around i may make a couple of enqiries about it ,it looks pretty damage free ,which is a rarity over there :lol: :lol: ,and it may have only been taken off the road due to the prohibitive road taxing system, that ranges from approx £100 for anything under 1300cc to a whopping £3800 for anything over 4000cc :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ., the CX, or any 1.9 would be around £480/year , so i don't think we've got it too bad ?

[/img]Image

................................................Cheers Paul..................................

P.S. my original reg date and posts were lost when my Avatar was placed, just incase you're thinking there's a new Fatherjack on the block !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: Citroen overseas (pics)

Post by MikeT »

fatherjack2002 wrote:Hi, i was in Turkey for a week over Xmas

POOR SENSE OF HUMOUR POST DELETED.

Nice looking CX, shame it has to rot
Tourist
My Cars:

Re: Citroen overseas (pics)

Post by Tourist »

POOR SENSE OF HUMOUR POST DELETED.
LOL :lol:
fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Come on then Mike, what was deleted in poor sence of humour ??? .
PM me it please , don't worry about offending , i've been in the building trade for 30+ years , so nothing will shock :lol: :lol: , i can roughly gather the deleted part but PM me it anyway

Cheers Paul
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)