MULTIPLEXING ASSEMBLY CAN CAN

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Darko
Donor 2023

MULTIPLEXING ASSEMBLY CAN CAN

Post by Darko »

Hey,

I'm thinking about fitting front (and rear) parking sensors to my C2. One thing I don't like about the after market front sensor kits is that they all have an ugly switch/button you have to hide somewhere.

As factory fitted parking sensors have a button in one of the switch blocks on the dashboard, I though about buying that switch block and connecting it to the parking sensors instead of the provided switch.

What I don't like about this part is the "multiplexing assembly" in its name.

So my question is: does anyone know if the switches in this switch block can be used like an ordinary switches or does this block already perform some impossible-to-decode-CAN-bus-magic?

Here's the part (number 10 in the picture):

6554 PE - MULTIPLEXING ASSEMBLY CAN CAN AND WITHOUT THEFT PROTECTION ALARM AND OBSTACLE DETECTOR AND WITHOUT STOP AND START

Cheers,
Darko
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Its just a normal switch but it only makes contact when the switch is pushed, as soon as you let go of the button the circuit is open again.
When it is used with factory fitted equipment all it does is put a control unit wire to earth to activate something then again to de activate it.
It is refering to the multiplexing type to say that it is the switches for the new style dashboard (which uses CAN CAN), the old style dash & buttons are used with VAN CAN.
I personally whould just hide the switch out of sight.
Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

Thanks!

Well, I'll first check the price of this part and I will hide the switch if it's too expensive (you never know with Citroen :D)
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

According to Citroen Service - £57.71 + VAT
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Darko
Donor 2023

Post by Darko »

Thanks, that was quick!

Expensive though. :? (However together with the sensors still cheaper than factory fitted ... thing)