Original Citroen C5 radios. How much?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marky P
My Cars:

Original Citroen C5 radios. How much?

Post by Marky P »

C5 (03) CD player is knackered. How much would a direct OEM replacement cost? They rarely turn up on Ebay and when they do they need coding to the cars, which is another cost. Tried installing a JVC radio and buggered up the car (it won't start) so I've given up on that.
Marky P
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

You should be able to replace the original (Clarion?) unit with an after market one. Sony have a reputation as being particularly compatible but I couldn't vouch for that as I still have the original.

You can even use the controls on the stalk with a suitable adapter lead but AFAIK the display won't work.

Word is that a dealer replacement of the original unit is insanely priced. I'm sure I have heard £600 mentioned :shock:
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

According to Citroen-Service it's £228 for a configured replacement head unit for our 52 plate LX.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Original Citroen C5 radios. How much?

Post by wheeler »

Marky P wrote:C5 (03) CD player is knackered. How much would a direct OEM replacement cost? They rarely turn up on Ebay and when they do they need coding to the cars, which is another cost. Tried installing a JVC radio and buggered up the car (it won't start) so I've given up on that.
Any aftermarket radio will fit into a C5 without any problems whatsoever as long as its wired up as per the radios instructions, for the radio to cause the car not to start you must have pluged the radio into the VAN network wires.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

I have a sony mp40 in my 03 c5 estate also works with the steering control too,Had to buy an adaptor for the facia off ebay and an adaptor to make the controls on the steering column work with it.Plays Mp3s so one disc is like having a 6 disc changer in.I also have a 6 disc sony mp3 changer in the back too.So 7 discs full of mp3s plays for days.
Marky P
My Cars:

Post by Marky P »

Well, I have a brand new JVC CD/radio unit sitting in front of me that was suppose to go in the C5, but after my bad experience, I daren't do it myself anymore. :oops:
Marky P
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Strange it messed up the car i did nothing with mine just fit it and that was it.
Marky P
My Cars:

Post by Marky P »

It may have been a strange coincidence? Or maybe if I just bought the right adapter rather than attempt my own wiring mess, it would've been fine.
Marky P