Alarm probs?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No not normal at all. The alarm lamp should be completely off unless the alarm is set.

It could well be the cause of the battery drain problems.

Does the alarm set normally and does it work?

If you push and hold the alarm ultrasonics defeat button with the ignition off, does the alarm lamp light solidly. Does it flash normally with the alarm set?

The Alarm ECU lives under the front passenger seat and is a victim of bad scuttle trim leaks that fill the passenger footwell with water. Not only can the box itself get it but the big wiring loom right in the footwell carries a lot of alarm wiring.

Picture of the loom here:

Shame is you have to have the passenger seat and carpet out just to check all this :(

Edit: I deleted your duplicate Post. Do you want this moved to the Activa area? It is OK here as it's not Activa-specific.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

So pleased it's not the dread damp :D

It does look like a wiring problem and that should not be too bad to sort out. Give me the RP number and I'll post up the alarm wiring and harness diagrams so you can identify what you're looking at.
superloopy1 wrote: Edit < Why am I double posting again?? >

Jim, sorry but can you tidy this up just one more time for me.
Yes, no worries!

Not at all sure why you're double-posting. Most odd. Could be an iffy mouse button causing an accidential double-click of the submit button perhaps?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
SLYTZD
My Cars: C4 Grand Picasso

Post by SLYTZD »

Superloopy1 did you fix the alarm problem? I have the same problem with my Activa. Along with the alarm light flickering I have the added random hazard flash.

CitroJim do you still have the wirring diagram for the alarm? I'm thinking about replaceing the notorious alarm using the same wiring for the ultrasonics & door switches.
Simon

'96 Xantia Activa in Silver 95,000