Coolant level 1.9TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Coolant level 1.9TD

Post by vince »

On the premise that there is no such thing as a silly question.... :P

My coolant is black with no visible max / min marks on it. How do you check the level is correct?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Vince,

Good Christmas?

You'll see a tube in the filler neck. Correct level, when cold, is at the bottom of this tube. If filled any higher, it'll just blow out what it does not want.

Water consumption should be practically zero.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

just to add there is a slot in said tube and the coolant should be at the bottom of the slot when engine is cold

regards malcolm
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks Malcolm, yes Christmas was good. Just want a good start to the new year by getting back into a job :wink:

I dont seem to be losing coolant and the temp is spot on. Im going to get the coolant changed when im back earning again, just like to know what im checking :)

You got to ride in Dickie's DS didnt you......lucky boy :) Its one of my life's small wishes too....at a show next year no doubt :wink: