Relay Van radio reception problems.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevie5tapes

Relay Van radio reception problems.

Post by stevie5tapes »

Hi i have a 6 months old Relay LWB van. I struggle to get any radio reception away from large towns. When looking at the aerial outside the van it bends off to one side approx 45 degrees. The aerial is roof mounted, looks like the screw in type. Can anyone tell me following please?

If i buy a replacement aerial what type should I get, i've seen many aerials on the net but not sure which one will fit. Can I get a universal fitting one?

Will the aerial still work if it is bent, if so, is there anything else I can check?

I know this problems sounds simple but didnt want to take my van to the dealer to get charged an arm and a leg if it was something simple I could sort out my self.

Thanks for your help in advance.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If the van is only six months old the defective aerial should be covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Likely just a poor connection somewhere. Have you tried unscrewing the aerial and clening the mating surfaces - some contact cleaner from the likes of RS or Maplin should do the trick.
stevie5tapes

Post by stevie5tapes »

I've not looked at the aerial yet, but i'll see if its a loose connection. Didn't want to take it to the dealer for them to say "the aerial is bent, thats why it's not working". I'll check the conection on the roof to see it that helps.

Cheers
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Citroen do a universal roof earial that fits XMs, Xantias and the equivalent Peugeots for not very much money, GSF do it even cheaper.