Help! Please anybody, fault code p1351

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

my-first-laguna

Help! Please anybody, fault code p1351

Post by my-first-laguna »

Hi peeps, just been ripped of with my car, just bought it and on the way home it went into limp mode. When i put the code reader on it i get fault code p1351, any help would be appreciated it is a 2004 picasso hdi 2.0

merry christmas guys
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

p1351 would be either the glowplug heater relay, related wiring, any related fuse (if fitted) or a defective glowplug.

I found this by googling "p1351 fault code".
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Code P1351 apepars to point to an inition problem, more specifically the crankshaft position sensor or TDC sensor. Asd an HDi does have one of these, I'd go looking at that as a possible cause. I believe there is also a cam position sensor on the HDi too. Both bear a good check.

Another search (for a C3) seemed to connect this code to a loss of vacuum due to a small split in the hose from the vacuum pump to the servo causing a loss of overall vacuum which may have an effect on the operation of the EGR valve and turbo.

As always with a Citroen, you can't beat getting diagnostics carried out using the pukka Citroen Lexia diagnostic machine. Rather than give a code, it'll tell you precisely the problem that has brought the light on.

If you're are anywhere near Milton Keynes, you're more than welcome to a quick Lexia session over the holiday period.

Merry Christmas Image I'm sorry I've not been able to nail the problem totally and conclusively but I hope it's ben of some help..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

AndersDK wrote:p1351 would be either the glowplug heater relay, related wiring, any related fuse (if fitted) or a defective glowplug.

I found this by googling "p1351 fault code".
I saw that one Anders but it seemed to mention a few other fault codes as well so i was not sure if P1351 actually related to glowplugs or not :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...