Exit Honda, enter Rover! :D (with Pics)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Exit Honda, enter Rover! :D (with Pics)

Post by James.UK »

Well I finally "found" a cheapish Rover 75 conniossaur TDi auto. It's a bit mileagey for a 2001 car at 137K but the autobox had a rebuild by BMW about 18 months ago. The engine is a straight 4, 2litre BMW turbo diesel.

It does need some work though, e.g. the door locks are sticky, and stiff even manually. The CD stacker fingy has been unplugged and is missing. A sidelight has a small crack in the glass, The door panels have been removed and not replaced properly. Spare is iffy, the steering wheel paint (see pic) is a mess so I bought a new leather cover for that, no tax, MOT runs out in Jan and -- it has a computer in it!! :roll: But-- if it was a really nice one I would not have been able to afford it! :oops: :roll:

Inside, it's a bit like me, rather retro, heh heh :oops: And it has lots of wood, leather, and chrome bits about, I love it, but it's not everyones cup of tea..

I part-exed the Honda on it + £1,600 and now have 2 diesels parked out back. :) 8)

James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Re: Exit Honda, enter Rover! :D (with Pics)

Post by Kowalski »

James.UK wrote:I part-exed the Honda on it + £1,600 and now have 2 diesels parked out back.
You could have got a really good Xantia for that money... ;)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Kowalski :)

>>>You could have got a really good Xantia for that money<<<

I know I know but I don't know any local mechs that can fix Xantias!!

Having said that, I am finding Rover bits easier to source than the BMW parts on the car!!! grrrr.. :oops: :roll:

e.g. I need a 2nd key for the car, to get one (via an agent) I had to send copies of the logbook, purchase receipt, pay £154 up front, and now have to wait poss for 14 days before I get it!! Seems it is coming from BMW in Germany?? BAH HUMBUG!! :evil: ...

To make matters worse, my mech tells me the transponder in the one and only key I have is very weak, and to try not to use it too much!! :twisted:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.