alarm problems STILL

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

casperdog2
My Cars:

alarm problems STILL

Post by casperdog2 »

Hi again chaps, back to the alarm problems Ive had since getting the car which is a 96 xantia I can not get the alarm and ofcourse the deadlocks to work on the car I have done a few things. I have changed the roof censor and the control box under the n/s seat, these are out of my 97 xantia and I know these work, when these were swapped the alarm made the noises that it should and after I got it to shut up I tried the remote and zip happend If I hold the alarm button on the right hand side of the dash I can get the alarm warning light to work but it does not activate the alarm and stays on a short time. My next move is to change the control boxes that are in the centre between the seats, so if anyone has anymore ideas I would be greatful, While I am on the forum I would like to pass on two things that I have bought and they are realy good bits of kit the first one is the wind defectors that I got off ebay they are great, no dripping water when it rains you can crack the window open without getting a wet arm, second one is I tried the ametech engine restorer oil in a astra of mine and the difference it made to that car was amazing to say the least and theres a tin going in my xantia when I change the oil, just thought Id pass them on,
thanks again to the forum
when in doubt get a bigger hammer
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Have you checked for water in the front passenger footwell?My lower windscreen panel used to leak allowing water into the footwell,where under the carpet is a cable connector,amongst other wires are alarm wires.I used to spray the connectors with WD 40 which worked for a while.
The alarm switch on the dash is to disable the interior sensors.So with the ing key removed,press & hold till alarm led lights,then set alarm,& it will start flashing,but without the interior sensors.If left without setting,the led will go out. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Have you checked for water in the front passenger footwell?My lower windscreen panel used to leak allowing water into the footwell,where under the carpet is a cable connector,amongst other wires are alarm wires.I used to spray the connectors with WD 40 which worked for a while.
The alarm switch on the dash is to disable the interior sensors.So with the ing key removed,press & hold till alarm led lights,then set alarm,& it will start flashing,but without the interior sensors.If left without setting,the led will go out. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
casperdog2
My Cars:

alarm problems still

Post by casperdog2 »

Thanks for the reply about the water in the footwell, It was full ofcouse but I have sealed the screen and that problem was solved. I will try to rearm the alarm by the method that you said But Im determend to get it working,
cheers
when in doubt get a bigger hammer