"My Peugeot 406 is the best in the world"

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

"My Peugeot 406 is the best in the world"

Post by red_dwarfers »

Just watching Top Gear on BBC2

Good on that man who reckons that his Pug 406 with 6 CD Changer is the best in the world!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I switched it on for a few minutes then switched it off again. There is no need to smash ANY other car when there are still Subaru Imprezas and BMW Minis in the world.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: "My Peugeot 406 is the best in the world"

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: Good on that man who reckons that his Pug 406 with 6 CD Changer is the best in the world!
And there he is not far off the mark. It is a good car :D Never forget it's a Xantia without hydropneumatic suspension...

It was the common practice with PSA back then. The Citroen would come first, followed by the Pug:

BX was the basis of the 405
ZX was the basis of the 306
AX and Saxo was the 106
Xantia was the 406
Was the XM the basis of the 605?

It might even have been the case with the Visa and 104 although the 104 may have come first. Can't remember...

The 205 was the real exception. That started off as a Simca but Citroen used the 205GTi running gear to make the Visa GTi.

I got the feeling Clarkson agreed the 406 was a good car. No realy adverse comments as I recall.
reblack68 wrote:I switched it on for a few minutes then switched it off again. There is no need to smash ANY other car when there are still Subaru Imprezas and BMW Minis in the world.
I quite agree Richard. Every episode now contains childish bumpercars. I enjoty TG and watch it in the spirit in which it's intended (i.e. light entertainment) but every time I still wince at the pointless damage they inflict.

Clarkson tonight could not even keep the Fiesta test sensible. It started well but soon degenerated.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: "My Peugeot 406 is the best in the world"

Post by Homer »

citrojim wrote: It might even have been the case with the Visa and 104 although the 104 may have come first. Can't remember...
The Visa was the 205 IIRC.