Xantia 1.9TD Automatic. C.V Joint (year 99)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jmd
My Cars:

Xantia 1.9TD Automatic. C.V Joint (year 99)

Post by jmd »

My front passenger side C.V joint is on the way out. Have ordered a new joint twice & both times I have received the wrong one. The outer stub (on the roadwheel end) was 3 inches in length, on the new orders. The existing stub is 3.5 inches long. Has anybody any experience of this problem, any advice would be appreciated.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it might just be a diferant make of CV joint, i cant think why it should have any diferant outter joint to a maual car, as long as there is enough stub/thread sticking out of the drive flange for the nut and its castlelated locking cap and R clip to go on corectly and the splines are the same, and it has or not as the case may be the ABS ring, there should not be any problems

regards malcolm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

There are 2 possible genuine part no's covering your Xantia model as listed on Citroen service.net :

AUT.GEAR AL4 AND NOT ACTIVA (ADAC) UNTIL OPR 08547 (april 3.rd 2000)

3272 6G
LEFT
REFERENCE 8LN08 8LN49 (8LN49)
- DIESEL TURBO XUD9TE AND AUT.GEAR AL4 AND WHEELSIDE SEAL DIAMETER 17,5 AND AXLESIDE SEAL JB2A AND ABS AND NOT ACTIVA (ADAC)

3272 4A
- DIESEL TURBO XUD9TE AND AUT.GEAR AL4 AND WHEELSIDE SEAL DIAMETER 17,5 AND AXLESIDE SEAL JB2A AND ABS AND NOT ACTIVA (ADAC)

I dont know what the differences are, other than minor design changes during production run, or a change of supplier.
As for your question on why the received driveaxles have lost 0,5" in length during shipping, I cant tell. But they may still fit your auto Xantia.
A couple of reference checks would quickly tell you if they do fit.
Especially the point made by Malcolm.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image