1996 deisel Xantia, imobilizer flashing lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

perdita

1996 deisel Xantia, imobilizer flashing lights

Post by perdita »

The prob has started since i had to dissconect the battery

The keyfob doesnt work,( had it checked and batt is ok but the button to activate central locking does not work )

On switching the engine on, headlights flashfor about 10 secs then go off.All is fine everything works untill engine is switched off, and doors locked by key. Whereupon the headlights flash once again for about 10 secs.

I have tried to de-activate imobilizer by the secret hidden key under the bonnet, but nothing changes at all.
Also there is little red warning light on dash that is blinking all the time now, (NEVER USED TO WORK BEFORE)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Try removing Fuse 17, that's the alarm fuse. When I removed the fuse on mine it caused the LED to glow dimly all the time but I've had no alarm problems.

As far as I know the switch under the bonnet only silences the alarm sounder, it doesn't stop the other stuff the alarm does.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
perdita

Post by perdita »

Thanks - will try that later when i get home
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There should be an alarm cancel button on a MK1 car - on the Fascia to the right of the steering wheel (has a picture of crossed out 'speaker' on it). Unlock car, turn on ignition, and press button within 10s (or press button and turn ignition on, can't remember which) - this should stop the alarm going off. The only red light for the alarm is in the middle of the little grille to the left of the clock - is this the light that you are talking about?
Richard W
perdita

Post by perdita »

yes thats the red light - we had the battery off yesterday and since putting it back on, when i unlock the door the headlights flash until about 20 seconds after engine is started, then they stop but the red light in the car remains flashing - it has never worked before !!
Theres no alarm noise or anything
perdita

Post by perdita »

yippee deee - the crossed out speaker button works ( i always wondered what that was ) I only bought the car for £80 two years ago, 2 tyres and a wing mirro to get through 2 mot's later and i love it !!! never did get a manual tho - praps i should ;-) who knows what else it can do