Alarm and Emob question?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nurm
My Cars:

Alarm and Emob question?

Post by Nurm »

hi,
I have had my 97 Synergie for a few weeks now.. and have been using the key to lock as the plip fob was knackered (well it was till I gave the pcb the once over).. now its working.. shouldn't the alarm work?
Getting no flash of the indicators.. so may be disabled
I have had a quick look under the bonnet for the key switch that a few threads mention but can't see anything..
I may just have to have a look under the NS seat.. :cry:

I also would like to get the imobliser running.. :shock: (it currently has no lights on - but the keypad is still connected) .. unsure if this is a good idea.. (as unsure if reconnection will cause issues.. ) I have had a look at the engine bay fusebox and there seems to be a 'FIX' in there where a relay has been removed and a black jumper in its place but don't know what that relay does..
any input from anyone will be welcome..
cheers
Nurm :-k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Nurm,

If your plip is of the IR type (Clear LED in the front of it) and has two buttons, the front button operates the central locking and the rear button then operates the deadlocks and sets the alarm after the central locking has locked the doors. The front button then desets the alarm and unlocks the doors.

Pressing the rear button without first pressing the front button has no effect. It simply operates the deadlocks and sets the alarm. It cannot do this unless doors are first locked with the front button. All a bit bizarre really.

If the keypad is disconnected (i.e. no LEDs alight) then be VERY wary of plugging it back in, especially if yours is a petrol. If the keypad is once disconnected with the engine running, the immobiliser is forever defeated for as long as the keypad remains disconnected. Plug it back in again and the immobiliser will activate again as soon as it sees communications with the keypad. If you don't know the code, it'll be goodnight Vienna as there is no way back, not even using a Lexia diagnostic machine. You'll be in the hands of an ECU unlocker (big money) or in the hands of a Diesel Pump armour remover (big aggro).
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Nurm
My Cars:

Post by Nurm »

Hi Citrojim,
as far as the imob goes.. I was leaning that way anyway.. My Dad (wise man - or at least he told me he was...lol) always told me 'don't fix something that doesn't need fixing'..lol :D
as for the alarm fob.. yeah the plip works great - lock and dead lock... but no flash of the indicators.. (so it looks to show thats its just the remote locking, not the actual alarm is working) ..
i'll have a dig about under the passenger seat tomorrow and see if it been disabled .. or has the previous owner done a number on it..
cheers!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I agree, leave the keypad as it is.
Are you sure it has an alarm ? is there ultrasonic sensors in the roof ?
The jumper in the relay holder you can see is factory fitted, I dont know what its for but i have seen synergie's with this before.
Nurm
My Cars:

Post by Nurm »

Hi Wheeler,
It has got the plastic dome (central locking sensor) - can't remember seeing what i would call sensors.. but then again never really looked for them.. not to mention do they actually look like sensors..lol

I did think that synergies were fitted as standard with an alarm (keypad) and double locking)
then again the previous owner disabled so much of the electricals (i think he was trying to find a fault (unsure what)) its hard to know whats supposed to be there and whats been removed ..

if its not standard.. can you tell me where the central locking can be triggered from and is it a negitive pulse or perm negitive..
(fitted a few alarms and doctored a few to do some strange stuff in my time)

As for the keypad.. yup.. leaving well alone ..lol

well thanks again ladies and gents.. help has been appreciated :wink:
Nurm
My Cars:

Post by Nurm »

okay... looked under the seat and i have a gold and orange box (with danger trigger system - do not disconect on it..)
looks like to be a trigger for the seat belt tensioners or the airbags?
no sensors either so looks like i'm alarm-less.. will have to fit my own.. any idea where the central locking trigger is ?
cheers
Nurm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The box you identified is the airbag/seatbelt pretensioner controller ECU Nurn. Best to adhere to the advice printed on it!

As for the trigger, if it werre a xantia, I could tell you easily. It really needs the Synergie-specific wiring diagrams.

I guess you want to arm/disarm and after-market alarm from the plip. Take care with this idea as switching voltages might not be compatible or you may damage the central locking/IR receiver unit.

Knowing Citroen, the switching signal will not be either industry-spec TTL or CMOS logic levels but something totally unique to Citroen :twisted:

If you have the standard dome-shaped IR receiver in the headlining then that should be the more-or-less the same as the Xantia one and I should be able to find out some detail on it for you.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Nurm
My Cars:

Post by Nurm »

cheers citrojim, any help will be apreciated..
:wink: cheers
Num