Rear seat belt - Xantia 95

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Rear seat belt - Xantia 95

Post by vince »

Has anyone changed a rear seat belt in a Xantia saloon? 1995.

I have my MOT on monday and the only thing i can see is a tiny split in the middle of one of the rear seat belts.

The C pillar is the bit im worried about, ive had the bolts out from the boot floor before when i changed the boot carpet.

Easy job?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's not hard Vince, just tedious.

From memory, you need to remove the "C" pillar trim and to do this you need to firstly remove the lower part that runs around into the boot. I have a horrible feeling that the rear seat backs need to come out but that's a doddle, they're held in with four bolts.

The lower trim is secured with a few Torx screws. A bit of fiddling will free it after the screws are out.

The upper trip is clipped in and needs a hefty (but careful) pull to free it. The seat belt spool will then be nicely exposed.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

thanks Jim,

Hopefully they wont notice it but if so then i will need to get on with it.

Luckily (in a way) my C pillar trims could do with replacing as they have gone baggy. That way i might be able to butcher them to get them out easier then take my time putting the new good ones back in.

Tedious doesnt surprise me.....when i did the back seat it was a right pain in the A :lol: