ZX rear wiper motor equivalents

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

UserError
My Cars:

ZX rear wiper motor equivalents

Post by UserError »

Hi,
Anyone know alternative motors for the above. My local scrappies haven't got anything suitable.

Been looking on ebay - many cit/pugs have a very similar looking motor unit (could prise body of motor off gear mech & swap) and at least some Xantias appear to have the same gear mechon a different mounting plate.

My motor says 4MR 532 01 802, an example ebay Xantia: 4XXX (can't make it out) 532 02 102.

Cheers
Jonathan
Last edited by UserError on 23 Nov 2008, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?
51 Clio 1.2, 01 Avensis
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi Jonathan, I may have the part for you at the end of next week, as I have been promised a crate full of assorted ZX parts, some new, some used but useable. Will PM you once I know what is in the box.

Handyman
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Jonathan -

Mostly there is only one specification that needs to be fulfilled on a rear wiper assembly :
the mounting bracket which holds the motor & gear unit inside the hatch door.

The motor & gear unit itself tends to be more or less standard units for all cars the same size hatch door.
The part # will change for any smallish change in production design as pr legal requirements on traceability on modern consumer productions.
Such design changes could be on the wiring connector, the gear maker, the motor housing etc. etc. ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
UserError
My Cars:

Post by UserError »

Anders,
Thanks for the reassurance that the motors are pretty much similar.

I reckon I can free my self from the constraint of the mounting plate if necessary - I've dismantled the motor assembly by drilling out the pins holding the lid on the gear casing and prised open the lugs holding the motor casing on enabling the armature to be removed:

http://www.spidery.force9.co.uk/images/ ... antled.jpg

I could now slot in any sound armature, recrimp the lugs & refix the lid with nuts & bolts (or tap the drillings I made).

I would take a gamble that the armature would fit - even if the front motor casting didn't. Hopefully I won't have to go to all this trouble though.

Handyman,
Used but useable sounds good to me - mine is used & unuseable, so that's a big step forward!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Jonathan
If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can’t it get us out?
51 Clio 1.2, 01 Avensis