Electrovalve Diode Repair

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Electrovalve Diode Repair

Post by hirsty »

Have just checked inside my ECU holder in advance of inserting the diodes and find my cables don't match those shown previously. I have 2 large green/yellow spots. 4 red, 3 green and 2 grey.
I assume I take both diodes from green/yellow and connect to 2 grey.
Does it matter which green/yellow I use ?
Also tucked into the ECU box was a sheathed cable and two pin connector.
The connector is turquoise with a red stripe on it and the wires leading in are green. This is about 3-4 feet long so obviously should live somewhere else. Any suggestions ?
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's the grey ones you need and any of the green/yellow stripey jobs are OK.

If you want, take a note of the wire numbers on the grey leads and I can then confirm positively they're the ones. The last MK2 I did used grey wires.

Ditto the unused connector. See if you can see some wire numbers on the wires leading to it...

EDIT: the grey wires will be 7720, 7723 or 7730. I just looked at an Activa diagram which has an extra electrovalve and three grey wires. One of them is that one which you'll not have.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

According to previous posts, the polarity is critical. Which end is +ive and which is -ive. (when fitting)
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes it is Keith.

The kathode (banded end) of the diode must go to the grey wire.

Have a look at KevMayer's picture in this thread About half way down. This picture shows beautifully the diodes being fitted.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...