c5 diesel filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mm1

c5 diesel filter

Post by mm1 »

hi lads.im new to the site and dont know a whole pile bout cars.im just wondering is it a hard job to do the diesel filter on a 02 c5,110 bhp or is it ajob for a main dealer.any tips on the procedure would be great,thanks.
carebear

Post by carebear »

:D you are best remove the complete unit from the engine block this can be removed easy with just with the two studs and the pipes which just clip off, when you have removed the complete housing place it in the vice just to secure the unit not squase the unit Pour hot water on the plastic securing nut it will expand just a little and it will come off when replacing use a little silocon grease on the threads and it will come off easy next time
Carebear
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

And also do the job when your local Car Accessory shop is opened, because you may not be aware that their are two different types of Diesel filter used on the C5. One is similar to that used in the Xantia, (Bosch) and the other type has a black plastic top & base, with slots that fit into the filter cover - it is (on the one I have) a Cooper Filter FM 4152. you may take one of each on the understanding that you can return the one you don't need.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Shouldn't need to take the whole thing out i did mine at the weekend and although it was tight it came off ok.And as JMD said there are different types.
mm1

Post by mm1 »

thanks to ye all lads.that sounds handy enough.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

It might be an idea while you have the filter housing open to wash it out. I've read somewhere or perhaps on this forum, that small particles of metal have been known to make their way from the fuel tank (or pump therein) and lodge in the housing, seems to be a Hdi problem, so thorougly clean the housing before fitting the new filter. Perhaps that was "carbears" reason for advising you to remove the housing. I wash out mine with petrol prior to fitting a new filter.