Internal roof problem on my C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hobbsy
My Cars:

Internal roof problem on my C5

Post by hobbsy »

I have an 02 C5 hatchback which has a problem with part of the internal roof material. Along the edge of the roof material which should be connected to the back roof section behind the back passengers seats, it has come undone and now when I lift the hatch boot up fully I can see between the material and the internal metal roof.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what I need to do to reconnect it. Can anyone offer a glue which would have the strength to hold this section or is there some other way of holding this roof section up

Can anyone advise a solution?

Many thanks
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

My C5 roof was adrift when I bought it. Several years later I had cause to check the aerial connections. The dealer had used double sided stickey pads to affix the interior roof lining. Also, the lining should tuck into the rubber seal for the boot lid.

Ben
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think the double sided sticky pads are supposed to be there, I'm sure I remember seeing them on our estate.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
hobbsy
My Cars:

Post by hobbsy »

Thanks Guys at least I can now try sticky pads knowing a dealer has used them to effect.