306 abs quandry

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

306 abs quandry

Post by Dave1 »

The ABS ring on my 306 has broken. It is beyond repair glue wise so I have a new pattern replacement drive shaft. The issue is the origingal abs band has squares cut out of a circular peice of "material". The replacement is the toothed variety like a cog.

I do not know for sure the new one will work. It has the same number of "teeth" and is cross referenced to the pug part number.

Can anyone shed any light on this, will it work? It certainly looks a stronger method so that may be why it is made like it is.

Thanks.
Last edited by Dave1 on 06 Nov 2008, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

usualy the with pressed tin type of ABS rotor, the sensor is mounted on the hub pointting towards the back of the road wheel,

and the type with the rotor as part of the drive shaft CV joint, the sensor points towards the side of the CV joint

regards malcolm

ps.
can you send some picys of both the types you have
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Hi Malcolm,

I am kind of optomistic it will work in anycase but could do with some solid conf. I have a bx with the cog type and the pug with the other. Both sensors are in the same location about 30/40 degrees towards the rear of the the hub if you class the top as centre and point the same way in these cases.

I will see how I go for pics but will not be for a few days and that is if I get the chance weather wise.

Thanks

Dave
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if they are pointting in the same relative direction, then the only thin to whatch is the air gap between the tip of the sensor and the rotor

regards malcolm
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

That is whyI hope it will fit. It seems there is some flexibility here since currenlty I have a washer in place on the sensor creating a slightly bigger gap to allow for the warped abs band. Thing is a "tooth" is missing and it fools the sensor into thinking the wheel is turning slower.