DS tec weekend ooooops

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

DS tec weekend ooooops

Post by citronut »

looks like the DS tec weekend in otery st marys might not happen this weekend, as they have had a spot of bother (act of god), i hope they did not get to much damage, see here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7699804.stm

regards malcolm
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Ottery st. Mary?!
Your kidding me :o A Citroen gathering in Devon?! :lol:
I really must subscribe to the Citroenian.

Do you know of any information about the weekend, if it does go ahead?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Its been postponed until the new year now.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

contact Claire Salter OF SALTERS IN OTERY ST MARYS, as that is were its at weather (acts of god ) permitting, the only thing we found it is very very DS only, as when i went to one of these gatherings i was told by the above i was not welcome to go with them on the senic tour and meal because i was driveing a BX not a DS

regards malcolm
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citronut wrote:the only thing we found it is very very DS only, as when i went to one of these gatherings i was told by the above i was not welcome to go with them on the senic tour and meal because i was driving a BX not a DS
Good God what's the matter with some people, lighten up :evil: that is the worst sort of car snobbery I can think of and really irritates me :evil: :evil: if I was told that my reply would not be printable!!

I feel almost ashamed to own a DS after reading that, if anyone experiences such behaviour within the CCC please let me know the details/individuals and I will raise the matter with the board.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Was it meant in jest? :shock: :roll: I've seen this attitude in the CCC
over the years and it was one of the reasons I didn't bother renewing my
subscription from an early membership 14170.

Andrew
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

that original link dont seem to run so try this one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7699804.stm

Richard
i know what you mean but i did not intend to start anything of as i do hold companys that do the sort of work they do with the highest respect,

i tend to tar them with the same brush as the likes of arttists, as they think diferantly to us mear mortals

Andrew
i belive it was not said in jest, as we were told this point blank, when we asked were to find the food venue, even though we were made welcome at there workshop

regards malcolm
fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Regarding car club snobbery....
About 15 years ago i used to own a Sunbeam rapier fastback of which i was a member of the owners club, there was a Sunbeam owners meeting being held at a castle on the Scottish borders ( "all types and models welcome" ) we were meeting at a pre-arranged point outside Edinburgh, and driving in convoy to the venue . Upon arrival at the meeting point all the cars were Sunbeam Alpines (sports types ), and one Sunbeam Tiger, myself and another fastback owner being the only 2 non Alpine/Tiger owners, we were told in no uncertain terms that we were to travel as the last 2 cars ,as not to " interupt the flow of sports Marques upon arrival at the castle ", needless to say we declined their offer and made our own way down.
Why do some people have this attitude ? you would think that in owning a car that isn't seen around frequently, a collective show of cars from that manufacturer would be more interesting than one specific model ?
Paul..........
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

fatherjack2002 wrote:we were told in no uncertain terms that we were to travel as the last 2 cars ,as not to " interrupt the flow of sports Marques upon arrival at the castle ", needless to say we declined their offer and made our own way down...
Now there's a challenge :twisted: :twisted: Snob mistake No 1, no prizes for guessing where my car would have been :lol: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Exactly! :lol:

Anyhow, a DS-only tech day would be most perplexing to a later Cit owner. No numerically-coded wires to aid troubleshooting, no easy access to all spheres, no waterproof vehicle and when it is cancelled due to rain - no chance of driving home in a superbly stable vehicle with ABS and decent HVAC. :mrgreen:

Dee owners here are mostly pretty ordinary people; not aloof like that described above by Malcolm.

Cheers, Adam.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think the GODESS owners had not probs with me coming along to drooooool over there wonderfull cars, it was just one person (affor mentioned )to do with running the event in particular that i found way off the mark

regards malcolm